cant stand rude people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: cant stand rude people
I forget at which airport I saw this one. Melbourne, I think.

"SMOKING HOT BUTTS" would have been funnier but one can't have everything in life.

[Image: 66an41.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-06-2015, 01:59 PM
(01-06-2015 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:First I'm talking about toddlers that don't understand its lit! Sheesh

Toddlers know not to touch hot shit. And why is a toddler unaccompanied in the smoking section climbing onto tables to grab at ciggy butts anyway?

Quote:True I am responsible for my actions and I wasn't blaming in for my actions. But I did ask you if he was going to put it out. Now that its not up to me for how he took it nor do I care how he took it.

It's entirely up to you. You came across as a grade A bitch, of course he's going to be pissed off at you.

Quote:I only cared about others which says mirevabout me then him.

No, you cared about you wanting to exert authority and superiority over someone.
You wanted to be the big (wo)man and stand up to the evil person who flicks lit ciggy butts into the ash tray.

Quote:Especially when he couldn't care less if it started a fire or burned some one

It was in the ash tray. It isn't starting a fire or burning anybody.

Quote:or let some one smell us nasty butt when he left it there.

You're in the smoking section. You're gonna smell smoke!

Quote:So I was out spoken enough to hopefully make him think the next time he flicks a lit butt!

No, you were outspoken to a point where you came across as a complete bitch. If anything your method was counter productive.

Of course kids weren't in their without an adult but come on u can't tell me that things have never happened to your kids with you standing right there.

Second you can't tell me you know without a shadow if doubt that that is what I wanted. So no I wanted for people to be more considerate. I don't care if people smoke. But when someone leave a lit butt its careless and dangerous period. This has nothing to do with me personally weather I care if people smoke or not. Um around smokers all night long at work I don't complain. I choose to be in the smoking section and I wasn't complaining about the smoke per se it was in general. Besides the lady next to me said she was glad I spoke up as she didn't want to smell the smoke which us why I put that in there. So please don't persumme you know everything.
01-06-2015, 02:36 PM
(01-06-2015 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:First I'm talking about toddlers that don't understand its lit! Sheesh

Toddlers know not to touch hot shit. And why is a toddler unaccompanied in the smoking section climbing onto tables to grab at ciggy butts anyway?

Quote:True I am responsible for my actions and I wasn't blaming in for my actions. But I did ask you if he was going to put it out. Now that its not up to me for how he took it nor do I care how he took it.

It's entirely up to you. You came across as a grade A bitch, of course he's going to be pissed off at you.

Quote:I only cared about others which says mirevabout me then him.

No, you cared about you wanting to exert authority and superiority over someone.
You wanted to be the big (wo)man and stand up to the evil person who flicks lit ciggy butts into the ash tray.

Quote:Especially when he couldn't care less if it started a fire or burned some one

Quote:or let some one smell us nasty butt when he left it there.

Quote:So I was out spoken enough to hopefully make him think the next time he flicks a lit butt!

No, you were outspoken to a point where you came across as a complete bitch. If anything your method was counter productive.

Gonna have to agree with Muffs here.

I just don't get your actions... maybe it was "you had to be there" thing.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
(01-06-2015 02:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Toddlers know not to touch hot shit. And why is a toddler unaccompanied in the smoking section climbing onto tables to grab at ciggy butts anyway?

Gonna have to agree with Muffs here.

I just don't get your actions... maybe it was "you had to be there" thing.

Its OK we will agree to disagree along with muffs. Sorry but I don't see anything wrong with what I did and neither did the rest of the smokers there!
01-06-2015, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 03:26 PM by kingschosen.)
(01-06-2015 01:59 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Of course kids weren't in their without an adult but come on u can't tell me that things have never happened to your kids with you standing right there.

He's a gay kiwi in his 20s. I can promise you the answer to that question is "No".

Quote:Second you can't tell me you know without a shadow if doubt that that is what I wanted. So no I wanted for people to be more considerate. I don't care if people smoke. But when someone leave a lit butt its careless and dangerous period. This has nothing to do with me personally weather I care if people smoke or not. Um around smokers all night long at work I don't complain. I choose to be in the smoking section and I wasn't complaining about the smoke per se it was in general. Besides the lady next to me said she was glad I spoke up as she didn't want to smell the smoke which us why I put that in there. So please don't persumme you know everything.

True. He can't tell what you wanted. He/we can only interpret your intentions based on your written commentary; which is, basically, "you don't like rude people". However, in a twist of irony, you're the one coming off as rude; likewise, it is as Muffs described - it seems you just wanted to exert your authority instead of being polite.

Again... that's just how it seems... as we can only interpret the situation textually.

What we know:

1) You are in a smoking section and so are the butt-flickers; therefore, it is literally impossible to get "offended" at there being smoke. That argument is invalid.

2A) Having toddlers around you smoking means you're a bad parent. This is based in scientific fact. If you or anyone else is exposing your toddler to smoke, you are a bad, inconsiderate parent who is intentionally damaging their health. Get mad, whatever... don't argue with be about this fact, argue with science. If you want to smoke, figure out a way to do it without damaging others... especially helpless children.
2Ai) Edit: Let me clarify - I'm not saying it's bad parenting if you have toddlers/kids and smoke. I'm saying (and so is science) it's bad parenting if you smoke and have them in your immediate vicinity to absorb the second hand smoke. If you must smoke, find a way to do it AWAY from children.
2B) I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. It would take minimal effort to keep them out of a smoldering ash tray for 15 minutes. This is only an issue if there is little to no parenting going on at the moment.

3) They flicked their butts into an ash tray. An ash tray. Where butts are supposed to go. They put their butt where it was supposed to be put.

4) Per science, it is literally impossible for a lit or smoldering cigarette to ignite idle paper or even gasoline. It is simply not hot enough without the aid of oxygen aka smoking the cigarette. The argument about it catching something on fire is scientifically impossible therefore invalid.

5) Your reaction to a exceedingly common and mundane action is more of an over reaction and, as aforementioned, seen as a way to exert yourself as a superior. Their action was essentially harmless. You had no right to be offended, but since your were, the proper response would be to ask them nicely if they would put out the butt... not to get all hostile.

Sorry... I'm failing to see how you are in any way in the right in this situation.

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
(01-06-2015 01:59 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 08:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Toddlers know not to touch hot shit. And why is a toddler unaccompanied in the smoking section climbing onto tables to grab at ciggy butts anyway?

Of course kids weren't in their without an adult but come on u can't tell me that things have never happened to your kids with you standing right there.

Second you can't tell me you know without a shadow if doubt that that is what I wanted. So no I wanted for people to be more considerate. I don't care if people smoke. But when someone leave a lit butt its careless and dangerous period. This has nothing to do with me personally weather I care if people smoke or not. Um around smokers all night long at work I don't complain. I choose to be in the smoking section and I wasn't complaining about the smoke per se it was in general. Besides the lady next to me said she was glad I spoke up as she didn't want to smell the smoke which us why I put that in there. So please don't persumme you know everything.

I've stayed out of this so far because honestly I'm a smoker. I've also got kids and have been several times to theme parks (including Disneyland) with smoking sections.

People with kids generally watch them. I've never witnessed a toddler in a home with smokers reach into an ashtray. Like ever.

People who don't smoke avoid that area like the plague. So what if some random person validated what you thought was right? They could have been just agreeing with you so you'd seemingly calm down. Or not but really who cares?

Finally, it's really just as rude to point out others rudeness. Sorry but it's a simple truth that seems to be forgotten today. Everyone feels its their personal duty to educate others on what they think is right.

Problem is they're usually not as right as they think they are.

Tossing a smoldering butt into an ashtray isn't a huge problem. In fact to me it's an non-issue. There are plenty of more things to get pissy about.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-06-2015, 03:27 PM
(01-06-2015 03:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 01:59 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Of course kids weren't in their without an adult but come on u can't tell me that things have never happened to your kids with you standing right there.

I've stayed out of this so far because honestly I'm a smoker. I've also got kids and have been several times to theme parks (including Disneyland) with smoking sections.

People with kids generally watch them. I've never witnessed a toddler in a home with smokers reach into an ashtray. Like ever.

People who don't smoke avoid that area like the plague. So what if some random person validated what you thought was right? They could have been just agreeing with you so you'd seemingly calm down. Or not but really who cares?

Finally, it's really just as rude to point out others rudeness. Sorry but it's a simple truth that seems to be forgotten today. Everyone feels its their personal duty to educate others on what they think is right.

Tossing a smoldering butt into an ashtray isn't a huge problem. In fact to me it's an non-issue. There are plenty of more things to get pissy about.

Well we will have agree to disagree. I see it as problem and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I just stood up for something I see as a problem and every smoker that was there agreed. End of story for me
01-06-2015, 03:31 PM
(01-06-2015 03:27 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 03:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've stayed out of this so far because honestly I'm a smoker. I've also got kids and have been several times to theme parks (including Disneyland) with smoking sections.

Well we will have agree to disagree. I see it as problem and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I just stood up for something I see as a problem and every smoker that was there agreed. End of story for me

So, you're okay with being subjectively right and objectively wrong?

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
01-06-2015, 03:53 PM
(01-06-2015 03:27 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 03:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've stayed out of this so far because honestly I'm a smoker. I've also got kids and have been several times to theme parks (including Disneyland) with smoking sections.

Doesn't seem to me they had a choice. What if someone had told you to mind your own business? Or dared to say they didn't see as a problem? That seems to me, might have certainly escalated the situation.

Who knows what they later said.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-06-2015, 04:04 PM
When you smoke - the whole world is an ashtray......

Trust me, I know....

2 packs of Camels a day, for 30 odd (and believe me, they were odd as a cod ) years............

It doesn't mean I'm wrong, vindictive or hypocritical to say that smoking is a bad thing.......

It just means I'm a slow fucking learner......

Best - learn from others mistakes.
Next best - learn from your own mistakes.
Not so good -- don't learn from mistakes -- just keep making the same ones, over and over....
Really bad -- don't learn. Just die stupid...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post