cant stand rude people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: cant stand rude people
I sense some anger issues with smokers in a smoking section, people of a different culture dressing according to their culture... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 06:04 PM
(01-06-2015 10:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 08:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yiiiip. I used to work in a gas station. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Especially when people are sitting inside their cars smoking and they tap the ashes out the window. I know it's habit and everything but comon people.
Worst I had was a guy smoking WHILE filling up. I literally yelled at him from across the forecourt to put it out.

Gas stations is a place where you can yell at people for not putting out their cigarette because big explosion and all that.

I've actually seen worse...

I used to hang out at a gas station my buddy worked at, when I first got out of High School.... This was in the first couple years of "self service" in this area.....

I watched this guy get out, pump his gas, come inside to pay for it --- goes back out, gets in his car -- lights up a smoke -- and drives off with the gas nozzle still in the fill.... It was one of the older GM cars with the fill behind the plate.....

The hose rips apart - and the steel lining uncoils as the guy drives off oblivious.... Fortunately the pump wasn't running but the gas in the hose went all over the place......

We about shit....

Lucked out... No fire...

Lol yip, seen a person do that too. Not clean off but tear it good enough that there was a minor spill and we lost the use of a pump for a weekend.

I've seen some pretty nasty with LPG. People literally pulling the trigger to the pump that fills up LPG to a car while it's not connected. That thing shoots so fucking high into the air... Or filling a gas bottle (9kg one, one you'd use on a BBQ) only to finish and the LPG start shooting out the nozzle. "I think I found why your bottle is empty good sir.."

Quote:A lit or smoldering cigarette can LITERALLY not ignite gasoline; therefore, nothing "unsafe" about the action.

When you have three tanks, each with around 30,000 liters of highly flammable gas, not including the LPG, and you know how much spilled petrol is on the ground you too would be a little hesitant to shrug off any form of open flame anywhere near you whilst at a gas station.

Besides, while I agree that a ciggy couldn't ignite a puddle of petrol, I'm not convinced (beyond causing a fire at a gas station level disaster) that it wouldn't ignite petrol vapor which is often the cause of fires at gas stations anyway.

Side note: The gasoline thing was something Onlinebiker brought up (and I added too with my own experiences). The OP was not at a gas station.

Regarding the OP, I think KC pretty much got this shit covered.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-06-2015, 11:51 PM
[Image: hannibal2.12-eat-the-rude1.gif]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Yelling at a smoker for putting their butt in an ashtray seems a bit ridiculous to me, as well as complaining about the smell of smoke in a smoking area.

Moral superiority attempt seems to have failed.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Re: cant stand rude people
When a cigarette is left burning, it smoulders up to the fibers of the butt. That catches on fire, smells horrible (much worse than the tobacco smoke), and is difficult to snub out.

It's commonly known smoker's etiquette: field dress your smoke or snub it out completely in the ashtray. Leaving one burning for others to put out is lazy and rude.

There might have been better ways to handle the problem, but everyone's gotten irritated and snapped at someone at some point.
02-06-2015, 07:09 AM
"Can't stand rude people," but here you are. Big Grin

I rip the heads off of 'em (my ciggies) and put the filter in my pocket. 'Cause they're gross. Smoking is pretty gross, itself. It should be illegal. Angel

As for getting uptight about ignorant fucktards, there just ain't enough minutes in the day. There's way too many Gwynnies to lust over. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2015, 08:25 AM
(02-06-2015 05:53 AM)mecanna Wrote:  When a cigarette is left burning, it smoulders up to the fibers of the butt. That catches on fire, smells horrible (much worse than the tobacco smoke), and is difficult to snub out.

It's commonly known smoker's etiquette: field dress your smoke or snub it out completely in the ashtray. Leaving one burning for others to put out is lazy and rude.

There might have been better ways to handle the problem, but everyone's gotten irritated and snapped at someone at some point.

This is where I'll give Daisies the "lost in translation" benefit of the doubt. Non-smokers probably don't know or understand this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-06-2015, 08:30 AM
(01-06-2015 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  When you have three tanks, each with around 30,000 liters of highly flammable gas, not including the LPG, and you know how much spilled petrol is on the ground you too would be a little hesitant to shrug off any form of open flame anywhere near you whilst at a gas station.

Besides, while I agree that a ciggy couldn't ignite a puddle of petrol, I'm not convinced (beyond causing a fire at a gas station level disaster) that it wouldn't ignite petrol vapor which is often the cause of fires at gas stations anyway.

Side note: The gasoline thing was something Onlinebiker brought up (and I added too with my own experiences). The OP was not at a gas station.

Regarding the OP, I think KC pretty much got this shit covered.

Yeah, the gas comment wasn't even directed at you... I was just emphasizing how harmless a smoldering butt was.

Even so, I would tend to agree with you in terms of smoking at a gas station. That's just a little too close for comfort. Technically, it should never blow the place up, but I still don't want to get too close to that technicality. So, I'm with you on that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-06-2015, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 09:57 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(01-06-2015 02:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  4) Per science, it is literally impossible for a lit or smoldering cigarette to ignite idle paper or even gasoline. It is simply not hot enough without the aid of oxygen aka smoking the cigarette. The argument about it catching something on fire is scientifically impossible therefore invalid.

While I agree that Daisies was being rude, this is factually incorrect. Cigarettes regularly start fires in all sorts of materials. The reason why cigarettes are unlikely to ignite gasoline vapors is because the vapor density of the fuel is usually too rich immediately above it to support combustion. Let those vapors drift a ways so that the mixture is inside the fuel's flammable/explosive range, and you won't be so blase.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae1.cfm

Cigarettes start around 90,000 fires a year:

http://www.nfpa.org/research/reports-and...-materials
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't think it was the best approach either and I can't see how one can complain about smoke in a smoking area.
That said, as a non-smoker surrounded by smokers 24/7, I can slightly even understand why we sometimes react in inappropriate ways.

(01-06-2015 07:59 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Non smokers tend to whine about smokers in general. In fact it seems they look for shit to whine about.. Smile
They've already bunched the smokers together in a little pit like a bunch of lepers. Hell a business owner can't even decide for himself if his establishment will be nonsmoking or not.

Yabut they are a bunch of lepers Drinking Beverage
I'd rather stand next to a leper every day than a smoker. Leprosy can be cured (and is not even highly contagious), but cancer?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post