cant stand rude people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: cant stand rude people
(02-06-2015 09:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae1.cfm

Hmmm. That information seems suspect. That information is VASTLY different from what Mythbusters proved and documented in an episode.

http://mythbustersresults.com/special7

(scroll down to see the gas/cig info)

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-06-2015, 10:39 AM
"Cant stand rude people"

So then that pretty much means you can't drive. How do you get around ?

Can't wait for the day when cars have little lighted scrolling signs across their back windows, with "Yeah, well, get in line. You're the 5th rude driver I've run into since I left my house." on speed dial.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2015, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 12:26 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(02-06-2015 10:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 09:54 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae1.cfm

Hmmm. That information seems suspect. That information is VASTLY different from what Mythbusters proved and documented in an episode.

I was a firefighter in the Air Force and as such, pretty well-versed in fighting POL fires. The information in the above link is valid. A close reading will show that Dr Ewart was saying that while uncommon, it is indeed possible.

The mythbusters episode, if I remember correctly, was directed more at the Hollywood convention of the villain throwing a cigarette into a puddle of gas, and I certainly agree that lighting the vapors that way is virtually impossible.

(02-06-2015 10:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  http://mythbustersresults.com/special7

(scroll down to see the gas/cig info)

Yes, and as they say, it is partly plausible. The interior of a cigarette's cherry burns at about 600°C, and in hot weather gasoline is more volatile.
02-06-2015, 12:55 PM
(02-06-2015 08:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 05:53 AM)mecanna Wrote:  When a cigarette is left burning, it smoulders up to the fibers of the butt. That catches on fire, smells horrible (much worse than the tobacco smoke), and is difficult to snub out.

It's commonly known smoker's etiquette: field dress your smoke or snub it out completely in the ashtray. Leaving one burning for others to put out is lazy and rude.

There might have been better ways to handle the problem, but everyone's gotten irritated and snapped at someone at some point.

This is where I'll give Daisies the "lost in translation" benefit of the doubt. Non-smokers probably don't know or understand this.

I smoke and I had never noticed that the butt apparently smells worse. And I never put out my but unless I'm in an easily flammable area like a forest or I'm going to pocket the butt. If I do that I roll the tobacco out with my fingers. If there's an astray then I tend to just leave it. Most of my cigarettes tend to be flicked ( one of my favourite parts of smoking) and so are often still lit.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Nothing to do with smoking but I used to be a pretty tolerant big fat man until people in the grocery store and Costco started sitting in the middle of the goddam aisle blocking traffic diddling their fucking smart phone. One day I finally lost my cool, got up in their grill and hollered "MOVE!" I've never looked back. They always move.

(02-06-2015 10:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Cant stand rude people"

I have a driver.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-06-2015, 06:48 PM
(02-06-2015 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nothing to do with smoking but I used to be a pretty tolerant big fat man until people in the grocery store and Costco started sitting in the middle of the goddam aisle blocking traffic diddling their fucking smart phone. One day I finally lost my cool, got up in their grill and hollered "MOVE!" I've never looked back. They always move.

(02-06-2015 10:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Cant stand rude people"

I have a driver.

I like your style good sir.
For all the complaints people give about traffic, people-traffic is 10 fold worst.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-06-2015, 09:20 AM
(02-06-2015 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  until people in the grocery store and Costco started sitting in the middle of the goddam aisle blocking traffic diddling their fucking smart phone.

This is a personal pet peeve of mine. People who wander around like the living dead, staring at their phones, then look at you as if it's your fault when they inevitably walk into you! Censored

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
03-06-2015, 09:25 AM
(03-06-2015 09:20 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  until people in the grocery store and Costco started sitting in the middle of the goddam aisle blocking traffic diddling their fucking smart phone.

This is a personal pet peeve of mine. People who wander around like the living dead, staring at their phones, then look at you as if it's your fault when they inevitably walk into you! Censored

It's called the I-phone shuffle.....

Similar to the Thorazine shuffle so popular in mental hospitals....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.