Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: charity:water
(18-07-2012 02:40 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 01:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF is up with the FT here? Charity spam is spam. I get like fucking twenty bucks a day and everybody wants it. Trying to lay some guilt trip on me. Spin 'em.

How DARE you question my approval methods!

I was going to disapprove, but I realized how nonexistent the charity element is in this forum. Are the Christians correct in saying that helping the needy out of fear of eternal punishment is still better than not helping them at all? Does anyone here give to a charity?

I dare all kinds of stupid shit. I don't see a need for a "charity element." I don't need a "suggestive sell" element to share all my shit 'cause I do it anyway. Cause I love my Gwynnies. Heart

So there! Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Yep, I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to charities...

I sponsored a child in Zimbabwe through 'Plan Australia' for 8 years (it stops when the child reaches 18).
I give to 'Make A Wish' foundation.
I sell raffle tickets for the Olivia Newton John Anti-Cancer Council every other month.
I donate to the 'Para-olympians'

Not too bad for a woman who's been a single parent all her life Thumbsup (does this mean I'm practically always broke? Yes, it does Sad )

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
18-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I remember watching a television program that had the Heir to the GM Motors empire talking about charity. She said the only pleasure she gets from her vast wealth is by giving her money away.

I admire some charity's, however I admire the charity workers more for doing what they do...... I know not every case is applicable but I think if you really want to support something then giving your time directly is better than just giving money.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post