children of evang. devotees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 06:36 AM
children of evang. devotees
This is more of an observation. A very devout evang. family had 7 children who are now middle aged adults. One son committed suicide, one son is obese, another son is alcoholic. An adopted son sees the parents once yearly yet lives within 20 mi. The daughters have turned out ok Two of the three daughters have married repressive men. None of them attend the church their parents attend except for the obese one who's the pastor. This is truly a dysfunctional family, much of it influenced by their biblical beliefs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: children of evang. devotees
could be related to their religious upbringing, but could just be they werent very good at parenting, loads of reasons.

whats that phrase? coincidence isnt causation? or is it correlation? I will just stop because now that I've shown I don't have enough coffee in my system yet.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Correlation is not causation...

Takel, are you sure you are asking for support with this? This is the support section....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-10-2014, 07:37 PM
It was just something I was trying to understand. My father was a church minister, a well educated man and none of us 5 drink, do drugs or are overweight, because he wasn't continually shoving the scriptures down our throat. In fact it was the opposite, nary a word in the home. He listened to us without finding some passage to condemn. He was the type of father I have always wished everyone could have.