christianity and punishment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 01:01 PM
christianity and punishment
I was having a debate with two of my family members and it got to a point where I pointed out that gods punishment for not believing was not only not fair but I asked them would you do that to your kid. believe me without blinking the mother of an eight year old child said of coerce. this brings me o my question. can god do anything wrong in the eyes of a christian or at least one so involved with something so closely that they can't admit it's faults. in fact with certain projects of mine I sent them out and latter said I should have did better. I sent them on because I didn't see what as wrong with them from being involved to much. what do you guys think.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
26-08-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: christianity and punishment
Their ultimate answer (special pleading) is, "God works in mysterious ways."

My answer? "What's so mysterious about being a fucking asshole?"

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
26-08-2012, 01:34 PM
A Christian will say, "We cannot understand his ways", or like Logica said, "God works in mysterious ways". Which is a load of BS, as far as I'm concerned.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
26-08-2012, 01:41 PM
(26-08-2012 01:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  "We cannot understand his ways."

My answer? "What's not to understand about being a fucking asshole?"

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
26-08-2012, 01:50 PM
lol i mean if humans in all there wisdom put limits on punishment then why can't god himself relise this. least he be stupid.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
26-08-2012, 01:57 PM
(26-08-2012 01:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 01:34 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  "We cannot understand his ways."

My answer? "What's not to understand about being a fucking asshole?"

Isn't it amazing that god is so good, that humans dare not do it for it's evil?
26-08-2012, 02:07 PM
(26-08-2012 01:50 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  lol i mean if humans in all there wisdom put limits on punishment then why can't god himself relise this. least he be stupid.

From the Christians I know (as I won't say "all" or even any specific church), they have to believe god is good. And by good, they mean everything he does is good because god is also perfect. And since he's perfect, he's all loving and all knowing, and all powerful, and he's everywhere and everything. And since he's everywhere, he's inside us too! But we can do bad, so we are separate from god, but we also cannot understand the things that god can so god's perfect and in us, but we do bad things because we're different than god. But if god does something we do, and it's bad for us to do it, it can't be bad for god to do it, so god works in mysterious ways, or god didn't really do it, or it's beyond our comprehension....

Or the people just know that there is no god, life sucks, people are jerks, and they hope that all the suffering that happens now is for some reason--so they make god perfect and all loving, and ignore everything else about god that isn't good. If they ever admit god is evil, or has done evil things, it means we're all screwed not only in this life, but the next (as they view it).

If you really want to screw with a theists mind, tell them a story from the bible, but different.... like say "head of a military" when it refers to "god", and change the names of the towns/people, then ask them "what do you think should happen to the head/military?" Then ask what god's punishment should be because it was the same story, just different names--and they'd most likely say it was just and righteous because they were evil people and god....blah...blah...blah... even though they'd practically demand the head of the military people and head because it was evil.

Edit:
Oops, sorry, I thought someone had replied otherwise I would've multi-quoted this post! And I can't delete one and past, so I left it here as-is.