christians obsessed with hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2014, 05:21 PM
christians obsessed with hell
I'm sorry to come here. I'm trapped in Christian paradise and all I hear is stupid things that Christians say about atheist.

like one specific point: they're obsession with hell.

they are so blood thirsty and would love to wait to see homosexuals and atheists go to hell.

they bring up retarded things like pasquals wager. it makes me so angry. like how can so many people say "oh just wait till judgement and you'll be sorry" with a smile on their face!

I used to be Christian, ans from the Christian perspective hell is the worst things you can wish on someone and yet they all make these comments with a smile about atheist going to hell and then they walk away before listening to reason!

Cowards! Delusional cowards! How can someone be so hateful to another human being because of religious or sexual preference, or even racial! I swear to Richard Dawkins that if someone says one more thing about dark skin being a curse I'm going to flip!

Okay, not all Christians and Religious people are super hateful, but all of them are so brainwashed that they don't even know what they're saying is discriminatory.

like I dont care if it is just a random person, but these are people that I grew up with!

I don't believe in anything anymore but saying that my science is evil doctrine and that I'm an anti Christ is really hurtful still.

ugh! I'm just venting here because I don't want to do it on Facebook lest I tarnish the already fragile public image of an atheist. I don't want people to think I'm mean or angry all the time, just makes them more self righteous.

how do you deal with stupid Christian comments?

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like elconquistador's post
23-04-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: christians obsessed with hell
I'd call them out on it...

"Why do you look so happy when imagining people being tortured? Are you sick in the head, or just sick?"

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
23-04-2014, 08:16 PM
(23-04-2014 06:07 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'd call them out on it...

"Why do you look so happy when imagining people being tortured? Are you sick in the head, or just sick?"

I just did that to one of them. I didn't call her sick, but I called her petty. then she said I attacked her as if she didn't attack me first. Haha

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
[+] 2 users Like elconquistador's post
23-04-2014, 09:08 PM
(23-04-2014 08:16 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 06:07 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'd call them out on it...

I just did that to one of them. I didn't call her sick, but I called her petty. then she said I attacked her as if she didn't attack me first. Haha

If you're going to debate or argue with theists, you've got to call them out on pretty much everything they say that's either illogical, hypocritical or just plain dumb.

So when she accuses you of attacking her, come straight back and show her her own hypocrisy...

Its worth learning to recognize fallacies... As in underhand tactics used in debates in an attempt to shift the debate their way.

The "straw man" is a favorite of fundamentalists, in which they attempt to misrepresent your argument as something easily debunked... "Circular reasoning" is another.

Whichever side is resorting to these kinds of tactics, is probably losing the argument... So when you spot them, call them out on it. Thumbsup

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
23-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I think some of it boils down to the satisfaction of having pithy, snappy comebacks. A lot of them don't realize what it is they're actually saying (that said, a lot of them do). There's a certain psychological security (whether legit or not) in having a band-aid sound-byte to shoot out there as a shield against otherwise threatening people or ideas.

Yes, they need to be brought to the understanding of what it is that they're actually saying when they say these things. I am fairly certain that, if done kindly, these people would be a little more careful about how they're thinking about this stuff. I can only say this because I've seen it myself when calling certain people out on it (gently).

You'll often be able to tell which people will respond. There are a lot of genuinely kind and caring people in Christianity who just shoot out at the mouth sometimes without thinking or understanding.

There are also a lot of genuine asshats who will let out a bark of laughter and say it again more loudly and then expound on how they love the idea. Don't waste time on them. Just buy them a FSM noodley vibrator and leave it at that.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
23-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I thought Pascal was French, not Hispanic. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-04-2014, 09:34 PM
In the past I have engaged many Xians in debate. These days my tolerance for idiocy is more along the lines of "life is too short".

If they hassle me on the street these days I just tell them to fuck off.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-04-2014, 09:59 PM
(23-04-2014 09:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  In the past I have engaged many Xians in debate. These days my tolerance for idiocy is more along the lines of "life is too short".

If they hassle me on the street these days I just tell them to fuck off.

It does get to that point eventually. Laugh out load

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
23-04-2014, 11:38 PM
The most amazing thing about hell is that you go there only for believing the wrong thing about a being for which there isn't any evidence. It's insane, if only they would really consider the justice of it. Of course many of them believe everyone deserves to go to hell for offending his holiness. The whole thing is so freaking nuts you just want to wrap piano wire around there genitals and ask them hell feels for 30 seconds.
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
24-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Not all Christians spout Eternal Hell.
The Unitarians don't, though you could be excused for thinking them atheists.
Unity church teaches reincarnation, not resurrection.
J/Ws and SDAs teach the far more civilized extinction.Yes?