christians obsessed with hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: christians obsessed with hell
(23-04-2014 05:21 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  I used to be Christian, ans from the Christian perspective hell is the worst things you can wish on someone and yet they all make these comments with a smile about atheist going to hell and then they walk away before listening to reason!
(23-04-2014 05:21 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  Okay, not all Christians and Religious people are super hateful, but all of them are so brainwashed that they don't even know what they're saying is discriminatory.
I think that's it in the second quote. Those Christians in those moments are just more interested in being "right" than they are in doing right (not making such comments). They're so focused on being "right" that they don't think about what they are really saying.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2014, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 11:48 AM by Impulse.)
(23-04-2014 11:38 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  The most amazing thing about hell is that you go there only for believing the wrong thing about a being for which there isn't any evidence. It's insane, if only they would really consider the justice of it. Of course many of them believe everyone deserves to go to hell for offending his holiness. The whole thing is so freaking nuts you just want to wrap piano wire around there genitals and ask them hell feels for 30 seconds.
I had this very discussion with my sister once. I pointed out how God does nothing to make his "existence" clearly known, leaving us all to wonder and argue about it, but then he readily condemns those who simply don't believe and condemns them to eternal suffering of the worst pain imaginable. I tried to get her to see how unjust that is, but she was stuck on "free will" and how humans choose their own destiny, not God. Rolleyes Although it's all crystal clear to me, I couldn't get through. Weeping

(Edited to correct a type-o.)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-04-2014, 11:12 AM
(24-04-2014 12:44 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Not all Christians spout Eternal Hell.
The Unitarians don't, though you could be excused for thinking them atheists.
Unity church teaches reincarnation, not resurrection.
J/Ws and SDAs teach the far more civilized extinction.Yes?
Unitarians aren't Christians, but some Christians are Unitarians. Maybe you already know that, but it wasn't clear from your post so I wanted to clarify that - and also for anyone else who reads this and may not know. In fact, many Unitarians are atheists.