circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 04:13 AM
circumcision
What is your view on circumcision? Is it good, bad, Have you or do you plan on having this done to your children at all?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
01-09-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: circumcision
There's no medical benefits shown for circumcision - quite the opposite in fact if done in religious ceremony.

If I ever have kids it's not happening on my watch...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 5 users Like CiderThinker's post
01-09-2014, 04:59 AM
Had Hobbit been a boy there is -no way- I would have had him go through circumcision.

Barbaric and uncalled for.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
01-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Can you say human rights abuse? Sure you can. Yes

However, someone is sure to pop up in this thread to defend mutilating babies. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 05:36 AM
I've given it some thought before... If I had a baby boy I don't think I'd want to circumcise, but it'd be a battle for me because everyone around me did it. It's a norm... I asked my boyfriend about it once, too. His line of thinking just continues the cycle because of tradition. Our kid could be laughed at or confused when he sees dad's or other boys' junk? I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not sure if it's something I would argue strongly about or not.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
01-09-2014, 05:42 AM
(01-09-2014 05:36 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I've given it some thought before... If I had a baby boy I don't think I'd want to circumcise, but it'd be a battle for me because everyone around me did it. It's a norm... I asked my boyfriend about it once, too. His line of thinking just continues the cycle because of tradition. Our kid could be laughed at or confused when he sees dad's or other boys' junk? I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not sure if it's something I would argue strongly about or not.

I played a lot of organized sports. The showers in men's locker rooms are usually communal.
Never once have I ever witnessed, or even heard of, guys laughing at someone's junk, so you can take that one off the table.

Mixed feelings about genital mutilation? Really? Consider

01-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Yes, really.

On the most basic level, it's easy to say "I think it's horrible, I won't do it to my child."
But I already know some of the reactions I'd get. And I know what my boyfriend has said, too. It's not just up to me and it's such a normal thing, I'm not sure if I'd want to fight about it. On a side note, I don't plan on ever having children anyway.

I'm not saying it's right, but maybe I don't feel that strongly about foreskin?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
01-09-2014, 06:15 AM
(01-09-2014 06:08 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Yes, really.

On the most basic level, it's easy to say "I think it's horrible, I won't do it to my child."
But I already know some of the reactions I'd get. And I know what my boyfriend has said, too. It's not just up to me and it's such a normal thing, I'm not sure if I'd want to fight about it. On a side note, I don't plan on ever having children anyway.

The reactions you would get are not your problem. Unless you let them be.

Quote:I'm not saying it's right, but maybe I don't feel that strongly about foreskin?

Because it's not about the foreskin. It's about mutilating a baby.

01-09-2014, 06:30 AM
also new born babies are more sensitive to pain (by a lot) so this is very bad
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
01-09-2014, 06:36 AM
It's about mutilating and inflicting pain on a baby - just because it also cries for food or irritants doesn't mean that the screaming during circumcision isn't real bad pain! It's barbaric.

Plus, masturbating is so much easier when you have a snug fitting foreskin to move about. I think that is how the practice came about - makes it harder to masturbate.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post