circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: circumcision
(02-09-2014 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't see it as minimizing to state the facts of the intent and outcome of two different procedures. When one causes permanent sexual disfunction and the other is highly likely not to. There we will have to agree to disagree I think.

You are wrong when you say that male genital mutilation does not cause permanent sexual dysfunction. You can't possibly know that.

It is documented that the original intent of circumcision was to reduce sexual pleasure. So, there's that.

You're right I can't possibly know, which is.... Why I'm trying to learn. Yet you get so acidic and argumentative toward me instead of trying to talk to me about it.

Yes it was documented as the original intent, but was it successful? Delta bravo made the same case, and took it a step further to say that males who were circumcised masturbated less. I still find that very hard to believe, and have yet to see evidence to support the claim. So, there's that.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 09:03 PM by Smercury44.)
Bottom line, I don't want to argue with you, chas, but damn you are coming off as abrasive, and it's hard not to react similarly. I really do want to learn and have a discussion. I promise, my intentions are good. I'm not trying to minimize the topic, I understand it's a very touchy one. Give me a break here! I'm pretty much on the same side you are for crying out loud!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
(02-09-2014 08:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Bottom line, I don't want to argue with you, chas, but damn you are coming off as abrasive, and it's hard not to react similarly. I really do want to learn and have a discussion. I promise, my intentions are good. I'm not trying to minimize the topic, I understand it's a very touchy one. Give me a break here! I'm pretty much on the same side you are for crying out loud!

Its chas, you must give him credit, he is hardbodied while he is arguing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-09-2014, 09:11 PM
(02-09-2014 08:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are wrong when you say that male genital mutilation does not cause permanent sexual dysfunction. You can't possibly know that.

It is documented that the original intent of circumcision was to reduce sexual pleasure. So, there's that.

You're right I can't possibly know, which is.... Why I'm trying to learn. Yet you get so acidic and argumentative toward me instead of trying to talk to me about it.

I was doing fine until comments (not just yours) that appeared to minimize the effects and importance had pissed me off. I am sorry you feel it was directed solely at you.

Quote:Yes it was documented as the original intent, but was it successful? Delta bravo made the same case, and took it a step further to say that males who were circumcised masturbated less. I still find that very hard to believe, and have yet to see evidence to support the claim. So, there's that.

There are thousands of nerve endings in the foreskin that are removed along with the foreskin and glands that produce fluid to lubricate. The nerve endings in the now exposed glans are dulled by exposure to friction and lack of moisture. Draw your own conclusions from the facts. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-09-2014, 09:14 PM
(02-09-2014 08:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Bottom line, I don't want to argue with you, chas, but damn you are coming off as abrasive, and it's hard not to react similarly. I really do want to learn and have a discussion. I promise, my intentions are good. I'm not trying to minimize the topic, I understand it's a very touchy one. Give me a break here! I'm pretty much on the same side you are for crying out loud!

Peace. I will tone it down in the interests of constructive discussion. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-09-2014, 09:14 PM
(02-09-2014 08:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are wrong when you say that male genital mutilation does not cause permanent sexual dysfunction. You can't possibly know that.

Yes it was documented as the original intent, but was it successful? Delta bravo made the same case, and took it a step further to say that males who were circumcised masturbated less. I still find that very hard to believe, and have yet to see evidence to support the claim. So, there's that.

Yeah don't expect that loon to actually back up his data. Now as for real science we do know that circumcision has the effect of drying the glans out, this does lower the sensation. It also causes calluses to form again lowering the sensitivity. There is also the fact that removal of the gliding action that the foreskin has causes circumcised men to generally favor rougher intercourse to compensate for the lack of this function. Results however vary as not all circumcisions are the same.

There are in fact several different styles of male circumcision ranging from loose (where the remaining skin can easily be drawn over the Glans) to tight. Of the tight variety there are again variations the high and tight is the most common and with this one the removal of the frenulum (the portion of skin underneath the Glans) is common but not always done. The Low and tight is done for aesthetics (this circumcision removes most of the inner foreskin and places the scar at the abdomen to remove the appearance of the ring scar) in this the frenulum is always removed. The low and tight also has the highest rate of problems as it tends to leave too little skin to compensate for an erection. This is exacerbated when done as an infant.

As a side note you are incorrect about Female circumcision as that is not a uniform thing either. There is a version that removed the clitoral hood and is in all intents and purposes the same as male circumcision. That however is still banned by the UN resolution whereas the male circumcision is not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
(02-09-2014 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You're right I can't possibly know, which is.... Why I'm trying to learn. Yet you get so acidic and argumentative toward me instead of trying to talk to me about it.

I was doing fine until comments (not just yours) that appeared to minimize the effects and importance had pissed me off. I am sorry you feel it was directed solely at you.

Quote:Yes it was documented as the original intent, but was it successful? Delta bravo made the same case, and took it a step further to say that males who were circumcised masturbated less. I still find that very hard to believe, and have yet to see evidence to support the claim. So, there's that.

There are thousands of nerve endings in the foreskin that are removed along with the foreskin and glands that produce fluid to lubricate. The nerve endings in the now exposed glans are dulled by exposure to friction and lack of moisture. Draw your own conclusions from the facts. Drinking Beverage

I'm not willing to admit yet that the removal of those nerve endings results in fewer instances of masturbation until I see some numbers.

BUT I do very much thank you for the apology. Thank you, chas Hug Heart I agree, it has been minimized in this thread, but that was never my personal intention, so I'm sorry if at any point you felt like that was what I was trying to do.

02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
(02-09-2014 09:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:51 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You're right I can't possibly know, which is.... Why I'm trying to learn. Yet you get so acidic and argumentative toward me instead of trying to talk to me about it.

Yeah don't expect that loon to actually back up his data. Now as for real science we do know that circumcision has the effect of drying the glans out, this does lower the sensation. It also causes calluses to form again lowering the sensitivity. There is also the fact that removal of the gliding action that the foreskin has causes circumcised men to generally favor rougher intercourse to compensate for the lack of this function. Results however vary as not all circumcisions are the same.

There are in fact several different styles of male circumcision ranging from loose (where the remaining skin can easily be drawn over the Glans) to tight. Of the tight variety there are again variations the high and tight is the most common and with this one the removal of the frenulum (the portion of skin underneath the Glans) is common but not always done. The Low and tight is done for aesthetics (this circumcision removes most of the inner foreskin and places the scar at the abdomen to remove the appearance of the ring scar) in this the frenulum is always removed. The low and tight also has the highest rate of problems as it tends to leave too little skin to compensate for an erection. This is exacerbated when done as an infant.

As a side note you are incorrect about Female circumcision as that is not a uniform thing either. There is a version that removed the clitoral hood and is in all intents and purposes the same as male circumcision. That however is still banned by the UN resolution whereas the male circumcision is not.

Thanks for the info rev, more ammo for my arsenal Thumbsup

02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
(02-09-2014 09:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  I was doing fine until comments (not just yours) that appeared to minimize the effects and importance had pissed me off. I am sorry you feel it was directed solely at you.

I'm not willing to admit yet that the removal of those nerve endings results in fewer instances of masturbation until I see some numbers.

Neither am I - deltabravo hasn't provided any evidence. (He said that - not me.)

Quote:BUT I do very much thank you for the apology. Thank you, chas Hug Heart I agree, it has been minimized in this thread, but that was never my personal intention, so I'm sorry if at any point you felt like that was what I was trying to do.

It's hot and muggy here in Massachusetts. Perfect lose-my-temper weather. Dodgy

I hope we're good now. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Well I apologise for "minimising" the brutality that is circumcision. I was only trying to share an opinion, I knew I'd get burned at the stake for speaking up, even if I agreed with the arguments against it. I'm wrong, I know it. I'm a horrible person for mutilating my kids. So be it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post