circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: circumcision
(02-09-2014 09:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm not willing to admit yet that the removal of those nerve endings results in fewer instances of masturbation until I see some numbers.

Yeah there is zero facts backing that barking mad statement up and a whole hell of a lot of data that disproves it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
(02-09-2014 09:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 09:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm not willing to admit yet that the removal of those nerve endings results in fewer instances of masturbation until I see some numbers.

Yeah there is zero facts backing that barking mad statement up and a whole hell of a lot of data that disproves it.

Is that personal data? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 01:59 AM
(02-09-2014 09:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 09:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yeah there is zero facts backing that barking mad statement up and a whole hell of a lot of data that disproves it.

Is that personal data? Consider

It's anecdotal I'd post some links but forum rules. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-09-2014, 04:21 AM
This is probably an overreaction on my part. But hearing someone say male circumcision is just not as big a deal as female circumcision is kind of like saying "Well, They cut off her thumb and pinkie, but its just not quite as bad as cutting off all her fingers" Where I'd say cutting off any fingers is equally bad.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
03-09-2014, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 05:38 AM by Dee.)
I did not read the entire thread, so pardon if someone brought it up, but circumcision is highly encouraged in parts of Africa where Aids is running rampant. Circumcision is considered to be some deterrent to spreading Aids: the foreskin is a great hiding place for the virus.

This is a viable medical reason for circumcision.

Female circumcision is done to prevent enjoyment of sex (keep her at home thinking)--no comparison at all to male circumcision.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
03-09-2014, 05:59 AM
(03-09-2014 05:33 AM)Dee Wrote:  I did not read the entire thread, so pardon if someone brought it up, but circumcision is highly encouraged in parts of Africa where Aids is running rampant. Circumcision is considered to be some deterrent to spreading Aids: the foreskin is a great hiding place for the virus.

For adults, maybe.
It is not an ethical one for infants. There is the small matter of informed consent. How many infant boys are having sex? Consider

Quote:Female circumcision is done to prevent enjoyment of sex (keep her at home thinking)--no comparison at all to male circumcision.

I suggest you read more of the thread. That is the basic purpose of male circumcision.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-09-2014, 09:05 AM
(03-09-2014 05:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 05:33 AM)Dee Wrote:  I did not read the entire thread, so pardon if someone brought it up, but circumcision is highly encouraged in parts of Africa where Aids is running rampant. Circumcision is considered to be some deterrent to spreading Aids: the foreskin is a great hiding place for the virus.

For adults, maybe.
It is not an ethical one for infants. There is the small matter of informed consent. How many infant boys are having sex? Consider

Quote:Female circumcision is done to prevent enjoyment of sex (keep her at home thinking)--no comparison at all to male circumcision.

I suggest you read more of the thread. That is the basic purpose of male circumcision.

I'd go one step further. There are a lot of people that are dead set on "Proving" that circumcision is beneficial. The data does not back this up but they will be damned if they do not slam that square peg through the round hole. The AIDs thing is laughable when you see what it really is, just above statistical noise improvement, still far below simple precautions like condom use. Circumcision is a solution in search of a problem.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-09-2014, 09:11 AM
The foreskin is not a birth defect.

So no, if I had a boy, I would not circumcise him anymore than I would circumcise a girl.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 5 users Like Cathym112's post
03-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Did you know that the main pioneer of circumcision was John Kellogg. Yes, the Corn Flakes guy.

http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/ind...8&Itemid=0

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-09-2014, 09:18 AM
I agree that it's unnecessary, but I think mutilation is a strong word to apply to circumcision. In my mind, a mutilated penis is a non-functioning penis. A mutilated clitoris is a non-functioning clitoris, which, from what I know, is what FGM is all about. I think the two are quite different.

I haven't done research on the effects, but I would consider removing the clitoral hood similar to removing the foreskin. I didn't know female circumcision was banned by the UN though, so that is clearly unequal (thanks, Rev, for pointing that out).

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.