circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: circumcision
(03-09-2014 09:18 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I agree that it's unnecessary, but I think mutilation is a strong word to apply to circumcision. In my mind, a mutilated penis is a non-functioning penis. A mutilated clitoris is a non-functioning clitoris, which, from what I know, is what FGM is all about. I think the two are quite different.

I haven't done research on the effects, but I would consider removing the clitoral hood similar to removing the foreskin. I didn't know female circumcision was banned by the UN though, so that is clearly unequal (thanks, Rev, for pointing that out).

I agree that the use of the word mutilate is...inflammatory. However, as a transitive verb, it literally means, 'to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect'

A foreskin is not a birth defect. Taking a knife and cutting off I would say alters the penis radically as to make imperfect....

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
03-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Just wanted to say I'm circumcised.

Nothing further to add. Angel

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-09-2014, 09:32 AM
(03-09-2014 09:30 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Just wanted to say I'm circumcised.
That's all the evidence we need to be in favor of outlawing the practice of circumcision.

Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
03-09-2014, 09:42 AM
[Image: jackquote200.jpg]

[Image: StopBaby.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I've always thought it odd yet hilarious that religious people, especially those following the Bible, think that a god would be obsessed with circumcision. lol

One more reason to view religion as just hilariously absurd.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
03-09-2014, 10:02 AM
(03-09-2014 09:42 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: jackquote200.jpg]

[Image: StopBaby.jpg]

Lmao!!!

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-09-2014, 10:06 AM
(03-09-2014 10:01 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I've always thought it odd yet hilarious that religious people, especially those following the Bible, think that a god would be obsessed with circumcision. lol

One more reason to view religion as just hilariously absurd.

Especially since that god supposedly designed humans to begin with and has the power to change reality as he sees fit and therefore could have just not put it on to begin with or remove it with a thought.

Guess he just loves the sound of crying infant boys.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Using the word mutilate is absolutely not inflammatory. It is exactly descriptive (as you even pointed out Cathy). When I imagine somebody taking a part of my body and cutting it off to alter it forever, how can I not think of that as mutilation? You don't take a knife (or choking ring) to an infant unless you are saving the infant from imminent danger.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
(03-09-2014 09:14 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Did you know that the main pioneer of circumcision was John Kellogg. Yes, the Corn Flakes guy.

http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/ind...8&Itemid=0

Well, yeah, for Gentiles in the U.S.

And his purpose was to reduce sexual pleasure.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-09-2014, 10:31 AM
(03-09-2014 09:18 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I agree that it's unnecessary, but I think mutilation is a strong word to apply to circumcision. In my mind, a mutilated penis is a non-functioning penis. A mutilated clitoris is a non-functioning clitoris, which, from what I know, is what FGM is all about. I think the two are quite different.

I haven't done research on the effects, but I would consider removing the clitoral hood similar to removing the foreskin. I didn't know female circumcision was banned by the UN though, so that is clearly unequal (thanks, Rev, for pointing that out).

If your fingernails were removed, you would still have functioning fingers and hands.

But you would have been mutilated. Drinking Beverage

Look up 'mutilate' in a dictionary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post