circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: circumcision
(03-09-2014 10:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Using the word mutilate is absolutely not inflammatory. It is exactly descriptive (as you even pointed out Cathy). When I imagine somebody taking a part of my body and cutting it off to alter it forever, how can I not think of that as mutilation? You don't take a knife (or choking ring) to an infant unless you are saving the infant from imminent danger.

"So we took our son to a plastic surgeon and had his facial features reshaped to look like his father. Now our baby will look normal."

If you heard someone say that you would call child protective services.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-09-2014, 10:33 AM
(03-09-2014 10:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 09:14 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Did you know that the main pioneer of circumcision was John Kellogg. Yes, the Corn Flakes guy.

http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/ind...8&Itemid=0

Well, yeah, for Gentiles in the U.S.

And his purpose was to reduce sexual pleasure.

Didn't he believe a lot of whacky stuff? I think at one point he opened a sanitarium (back when they weren't for the nutters) and believed in electro therapy (not high doses or anything like shock therapy)?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-09-2014, 10:35 AM
(03-09-2014 10:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 10:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, yeah, for Gentiles in the U.S.

And his purpose was to reduce sexual pleasure.

Didn't he believe a lot of whacky stuff? I think at one point he opened a sanitarium (back when they weren't for the nutters) and believed in electro therapy (not high doses or anything like shock therapy)?

Yes he was "out there" on a lot of the turn of the last century pseudoscience medical junk.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
(03-09-2014 10:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 10:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Using the word mutilate is absolutely not inflammatory. It is exactly descriptive (as you even pointed out Cathy). When I imagine somebody taking a part of my body and cutting it off to alter it forever, how can I not think of that as mutilation? You don't take a knife (or choking ring) to an infant unless you are saving the infant from imminent danger.

"So we took our son to a plastic surgeon and had his facial features reshaped to look like his father. Now our baby will look normal."

If you heard someone say that you would call child protective services.
Exactly.

And just because it has become a cultural practice, doesn't mean it should be minimized.

I'm suddenly thinking of foot binding and neck ring extensions and wondering how those on the inside viewed those practices. Did they think it was normal? No big deal? Consider Honestly...I wonder.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-09-2014, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 02:36 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(03-09-2014 10:06 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 10:01 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I've always thought it odd yet hilarious that religious people, especially those following the Bible, think that a god would be obsessed with circumcision. lol

One more reason to view religion as just hilariously absurd.

Especially since that god supposedly designed humans to begin with and has the power to change reality as he sees fit and therefore could have just not put it on to begin with or remove it with a thought.

Guess he just loves the sound of crying infant boys.

Yup!

Or...man just made da whole thing up.
You know. Making god into his image...
Not the other way around.

If I invented a god, it would have been way cooler than the Biblical version. Big Grin And smarter.

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-09-2014, 10:42 AM
I had something posted and it disappeared. Hmmm

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-09-2014, 10:43 AM
(03-09-2014 10:42 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had something posted and it disappeared. Hmmm

Check your quote tags you are probably missing one.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
(03-09-2014 10:42 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had something posted and it disappeared. Hmmm

Mismatched quote tags.

... this is my signature!
(03-09-2014 10:35 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 10:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Didn't he believe a lot of whacky stuff? I think at one point he opened a sanitarium (back when they weren't for the nutters) and believed in electro therapy (not high doses or anything like shock therapy)?

Yes he was "out there" on a lot of the turn of the last century pseudoscience medical junk.

Yeah, he was part of that whole movement.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-09-2014, 10:48 AM
(03-09-2014 10:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 10:35 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes he was "out there" on a lot of the turn of the last century pseudoscience medical junk.

Yeah, he was part of that whole movement.

The cereal certainly helped him have a movement. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post