circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
RE: circumcision
Chas, is it your intent to be a crusty ol cock sucker to even your fellow atheist posters? It wasn't my opinion but that of a few girls I recall involved in a similar discussion.

And yes I do consider myself uninformed because my dick is circumcised and, unlike you apparently, I haven't done in depth examinations of other men's dicks.

I've stated nothing as fact nor did I belittle anyone else for their opinion, so why you gotta at me actling like an uppity bitch?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
(01-09-2014 08:28 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've also heard females with the opinion that they receive greater pleasure fro m an exposed tip. You don't leave the cap on your pen when writing a poem!

That...sounds really mean and selfish. "Let's slice off part of you so later people you may or may not have sex with will feel better during it."

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
(01-09-2014 08:49 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Chas, is it your intent to be a crusty ol cock sucker to even your fellow atheist posters? It wasn't my opinion but that of a few girls I recall involved in a similar discussion.

And yes I do consider myself uninformed because my dick is circumcised and, unlike you apparently, I haven't done in depth examinations of other men's dicks.

I've stated nothing as fact nor did I belittle anyone else for their opinion, so why you gotta at me actling like an uppity bitch?

It was their opinions I was mocking, not yours. Sorry that wasn't clear. Sad

You were clear that those were their opinions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Fair enough. My apologies for being an ass in return.

No harm, no foul.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
(01-09-2014 08:58 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Fair enough. My apologies for being an ass in return.

No harm, no foul.

Nah, I see how it might have come across like that.

You owe me no apology - good on you for standing up for yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
On a side note, I'm watching a documentary about the 90s and they were just covering the Clarence Thomas trials. Apparently he told Anita Hill they referred to him as "Long Dong Silver".

Obviously I laughed.
01-09-2014, 10:11 AM
(01-09-2014 06:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's about mutilating and inflicting pain on a baby - just because it also cries for food or irritants doesn't mean that the screaming during circumcision isn't real bad pain! It's barbaric.

Plus, masturbating is so much easier when you have a snug fitting foreskin to move about. I think that is how the practice came about - makes it harder to masturbate.

You're probably right... I can't think of any other reason why they do it.

Whether or not it reduces the risk of STDs or not is irrelevant... People had no knowledge of viruses or bacteria when the practice started. And with modern contraception, it's unnecessary anyway.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
01-09-2014, 10:45 AM
(01-09-2014 04:43 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  There's no medical benefits shown for circumcision - quite the opposite in fact if done in religious ceremony.

If I ever have kids it's not happening on my watch...

I remember my foreskin was always tight and occasionally sore. I was getting infections, so when I had the circumcision I was old enough to remember. I was about 9 I think; havent had a problem since.

It was also not a terrifying or emotionally scarring experience. Then again, some kids cry like the world is ending when they get a needle... Pshhh, wussies.

I do remember that it was pretty weird to wake up at night having to pee and sleepily looking down at a cast. Blink
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Gotta admit, mine is and i had my boys' done too. Totally cultural and tradition based. I just don't see it as that barbaric, I have no recollection of it being done and I know my boys won't either. The way it's done in modern hospitals is not that horrific.

That being said I agree with every argument against it and have no excuse for my actions. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
It's not just the act of circumcision itself which is an evil and immoral action, but the tradition that comes with the ritual in certain religions. For example in Orthodox Judaism the ritual of Brit Milah involves the rabbi SUCKING on the open wound to "cleanse" the area. This has resulted in quite a few deaths because of the transmission of herpes from the Rabbi to the baby. It's shockingly common.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.