circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: circumcision
Do it to children? No.

Decide to do it on your own after reaching the age of maturity? Whatever floats your boat.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
(01-09-2014 10:45 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:43 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  There's no medical benefits shown for circumcision - quite the opposite in fact if done in religious ceremony.

If I ever have kids it's not happening on my watch...

I remember my foreskin was always tight and occasionally sore. I was getting infections, so when I had the circumcision I was old enough to remember. I was about 9 I think; havent had a problem since.

It was also not a terrifying or emotionally scarring experience. Then again, some kids cry like the world is ending when they get a needle... Pshhh, wussies.

I do remember that it was pretty weird to wake up at night having to pee and sleepily looking down at a cast. Blink

Ah this, I want to hear from uncircumcised men. I've read that a good number (but likely not the majority) of uncircumcised men end up getting the circumcision as an adult due to uncomfortable stretching, and tearing that can be pretty painful, and cause scar issue.

If anyone has some data on this handy? Does anyone know how often this happens?

Not defending circumcision, just want all the facts.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 12:17 PM by Chas.)
(01-09-2014 12:07 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 10:45 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I remember my foreskin was always tight and occasionally sore. I was getting infections, so when I had the circumcision I was old enough to remember. I was about 9 I think; havent had a problem since.

It was also not a terrifying or emotionally scarring experience. Then again, some kids cry like the world is ending when they get a needle... Pshhh, wussies.

I do remember that it was pretty weird to wake up at night having to pee and sleepily looking down at a cast. Blink

Ah this, I want to hear from uncircumcised men. I've read that a good number (but likely not the majority) of uncircumcised men end up getting the circumcision as an adult due to uncomfortable stretching, and tearing that can be pretty painful, and cause scar issue.

How is this related to circumcision performed on infants? Consider

I doubt that "a good number" have that problem or treatment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
(01-09-2014 12:07 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 10:45 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I remember my foreskin was always tight and occasionally sore. I was getting infections, so when I had the circumcision I was old enough to remember. I was about 9 I think; havent had a problem since.

I'm uncircumcised...

I think actually a lot of men have a procedure called a frenulo plasty....

The frenulum is the stretchy tissue under the penis head which connects to the foreskin... Occasionally it can tear, and cause scar tissue to form, making it difficult to pull the foreskin back.

A doctor simply makes a z shaped incision in the frenulum, it takes about two weeks to heal.

I think something like 1 in 10 uncircumcised men have it done...

There's also a condition called frenulum breve, where the frenulum is too short, the procedure is the same.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
(01-09-2014 12:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 12:07 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Ah this, I want to hear from uncircumcised men. I've read that a good number (but likely not the majority) of uncircumcised men end up getting the circumcision as an adult due to uncomfortable stretching, and tearing that can be pretty painful, and cause scar issue.

How is this related to circumcision performed on infants? Consider

I doubt that "a good number" have that problem or treatment.

Just considering the pros/cons of circumcision in general over all age groups.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
(01-09-2014 06:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's about mutilating and inflicting pain on a baby - just because it also cries for food or irritants doesn't mean that the screaming during circumcision isn't real bad pain! It's barbaric.

Plus, masturbating is so much easier when you have a snug fitting foreskin to move about. I think that is how the practice came about - makes it harder to masturbate.

it more than barbaric, according to Penn & Teller, circumcisions is a 400 million dollar industry
01-09-2014, 01:25 PM
An elective procedure shouldn't be performed on children who can't consent to it. Period.

If someone wants to cut bits of themselves off as an adult, I guess that's their right. I can hardly see the point, besides extremely rare medical complications, but sure.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
(01-09-2014 11:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Gotta admit, mine is and i had my boys' done too. Totally cultural and tradition based. I just don't see it as that barbaric, I have no recollection of it being done and I know my boys won't either. The way it's done in modern hospitals is not that horrific.

That being said I agree with every argument against it and have no excuse for my actions. Drinking Beverage

That was why my girlfriend had her sons done. Her husband was and she wanted them to be like Daddy.

In hospitals they do numb the area.

I went to Bris many years ago, gotta say the baby hardly cried at all.

I didn't do it my sons....

The first had a difficult birth so I couldn't see putting myself through that. Lol. Yes...myself, I was completely selfish. The doctor was relieved and said she wasn't very good at them (I would call that an excited utterance), well that kinda sealed it for me.

The second...I just decided to keep him like his older bro.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-09-2014, 01:55 PM
(01-09-2014 01:24 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's about mutilating and inflicting pain on a baby - just because it also cries for food or irritants doesn't mean that the screaming during circumcision isn't real bad pain! It's barbaric.

Plus, masturbating is so much easier when you have a snug fitting foreskin to move about. I think that is how the practice came about - makes it harder to masturbate.

it more than barbaric, according to Penn & Teller, circumcisions is a 400 million dollar industry

aha! So we come down to the real real reason why people still do it today! Money. I understand now.

Not really upset at my parents for doing it to me. I like my wing dang doodle the way it is. Just not 100% sure if I should do it at all. Baby mutilation is bad and after finding out that the cereal guy is responsible..I dunno man. Just kinda freaky!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Pros For Infant Circumcision (non-medically necessary)

1. Slightly easier to clean
  2. Small reduction in chance of getting HIV (less than a condom reduces however)
  3. Prevent Penile Cancer (low risk even without)

Cons

1. Potentially Fatal ( low risk but it happens)
  2. Botched circumcisions are not immediately apparent
  3. can cause loss of sensation
  4. In some cases can destroy the entire Penis and then require more cosmetic surgery
  5. Tight circumcisions can cause tearing in partner's vagina during sex due to lack of gliding action the intact foreskin provides
  6. Irreversible (you can attempt to restore but you can never replace a natural foreskin once it is removed)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense