circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: circumcision
(01-09-2014 04:13 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What is your view on circumcision? Is it good, bad, Have you or do you plan on having this done to your children at all?

google "circumcision gone wrong", and then click "images".

Unless there are medical reasons it needs to be done then I think it's better if it's not done, if the foreskin did not add some sort of value then natural selection would already have removed it.

If the person wants it for themselves, they can always choose to have it done later, if they are making the choice for themselves then I think that's fine.

Phil
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 11:28 AM
(01-09-2014 12:00 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  It's not just the act of circumcision itself which is an evil and immoral action, but the tradition that comes with the ritual in certain religions. For example in Orthodox Judaism the ritual of Brit Milah involves the rabbi SUCKING on the open wound to "cleanse" the area. This has resulted in quite a few deaths because of the transmission of herpes from the Rabbi to the baby. It's shockingly common.

I read somewhere that it used to be worse. I have to believe this is true because my father was always telling me that when he was a kid in England before WWII there were men who bit the tails off some breeds of dogs. It's amazing the sort of career paths people used to follow.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultim...00199.html
02-09-2014, 11:28 AM
(02-09-2014 11:13 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It destroys the function of the thing. It becomes a rigid unmoving stick with little sensitivity.

I can tell you from my experience with several circumcised partners.... This is not the case. It only becomes rigid and "unmoving" when it needs to be, and there is plenty of sensitivity. I don't know how anyone could handle more, but I have heard there is a difference. Can't imagine much of one though.

Have you been on both sides to compare?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
02-09-2014, 11:32 AM
(01-09-2014 06:07 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Blind adherence. Even with knowledge, you would choose it again. That's sad.

My son was circumcised, due to blind adherence as well (I just thought it was the necessary thing to do, that it was for the best, etc.), but I gotta say that with the knowledge I have now, would most definitely not choose it again.

ETA: I find it odd that I absolutely refused to have my daughter's ears pierced as an infant simply because lots of other folks did so, and yet I went right along with the circumcision of my son. Undecided My reasons for not having my daughter's ears pierced when she was a baby was that I felt it should be her choice when she was older. Maybe she wouldn't even want to wear earrings, you know? And yet, I didn't give my son's circumcision very much thought, though as I said, I did believe as many people told me, that it was better for his health long-term.

About the pierced ears. I'm totally with you on that as well. Hobbit wont be getting pierced ears until shes old enough to want that herself.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
02-09-2014, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 11:44 AM by Deltabravo.)
If you have no foreskin you can't masturbate by moving the skin over the glans so it destroys the function. I am not gay and don't engage in anal sex with men so, no, I can't say I have been f..ked up the ass if that is what you are asking but the mechanics of it are easy to understand if you think about it.

Maybe you are just "wet" enough that this issue does't arise but most guys, young males, who masturbate need to spit on their hands or use lubricant and it results in uncircucised males masturbating less often which would be "abnormal". Anyway, men who are uncircumcised have the option of "wearing" the foreskin off the glans so you would have difficulty telling that they were uncircumcized and when erect the skin pulls back exposing the glans fullly but the natural remaining skin moves more easily creating less friction which is a benefit for older women who aren't so "juicy".

So, leave your kid with something he has to lubricate until he finds a partner. Maybe that is good but maybe these kids wonder what it would be like to have the thing.

As for your not being able to imagine someone getting more pleasure from an extra, lets say 20 to 30 square inches of the most sensitive skin on the body, all I can is ....OH YEAH BABY!
02-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Male Genital Mutilation.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
02-09-2014, 11:50 AM
My comment on "have you been on both sides to compare" was wondering if you'd gone from uncircumcised to circumcised to be able to compare the difference in sensitivity. I'm really curious about that, and your earlier post seemed to indicate you had experience there.

Hold the phone, are you saying because circumcised males have to use some kind of lubricant, that they masturbates LESS frequently? I'm sorry, I don't believe that for a second Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 12:00 PM by Smercury44.)
(02-09-2014 11:41 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Male Genital Mutilation.

That's a really unfair comparison. Female genital mutilation can permanently remove any chance of sexual satisfaction - ever.

I want to point out again that I'm not pro circumcision, nor anti, just participating and learning.

Edit: to be fair I want to also point out the ear piercing the isn't a fair comparison either. Piercing of the ears doesn't hurt that much, recovery is really quick, the holes will close up if you don't like that your ears are pierced, and it doesn't change the function of your ears.

[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 12:12 PM
(02-09-2014 11:52 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:41 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Male Genital Mutilation.

That's a really unfair comparison. Female genital mutilation can permanently remove any chance of sexual satisfaction - ever.

I want to point out again that I'm not pro circumcision, nor anti, just participating and learning.

Edit: to be fair I want to also point out the ear piercing the isn't a fair comparison either. Piercing of the ears doesn't hurt that much, recovery is really quick, the holes will close up if you don't like that your ears are pierced, and it doesn't change the function of your ears.

It is a fair comparison for what Escape and I were talking about. Which was giving the child the choice as to what to do with their bodies.

I dont understand peoples defensiveness at the idea of letting the kid choose.

The only arguments I've heard so far is that they want the kid to look like dad (why does that even matter?) and it can get dirty (well teach your kids to clean themselves) All the medical stuff for preventing diseases have been shown to appear minimal at best.

Of course some guy who was circumcised as a baby doesnt mind that it was done. He doesnt know any different.

So unless there is a medical reason to get it done (which does happen I understand that) Why mutilate your child?

I'd be curious to hear from a guy who wasnt snipped that chose to as an adult that didnt have a medical reason for it to be honest.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-09-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 12:20 PM by Deltabravo.)
(02-09-2014 11:50 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My comment on "have you been on both sides to compare" was wondering if you'd gone from uncircumcised to circumcised to be able to compare the difference in sensitivity. I'm really curious about that, and your earlier post seemed to indicate you had experience there.

Hold the phone, are you saying because circumcised males have to use some kind of lubricant, that they masturbates LESS frequently? I'm sorry, I don't believe that for a second Laugh out load

I suppose it is something women don't think about. If an uncircumcised male just holds his foreskin back and stops it moving then he gets the same sensation as a circumcised male with limited movement of the skin on the shaft. Men who are circumcised have to masturbate in a different way. That is a well known fact. Men with foreskins can move the glans within a protective foreskin and have an experience which is much the same as sex with a partner. Also, a permanently exposed glans grows an extra layer of skin which is less sensitive.
http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/06/1...turbation/
Yes, men who are circumcized masturbate less than men who aren't because they have lost a whole range of sensations and movement of the organ within its covering. That is actually one of the supposed "benefits" of circumcision which led to its adoption throughout North America in the late 1800 by our puritanical forefathers and people like Kellogg. Do you really think that in those days they would do this if they thought single hard up men would actually get more enjoyment by being circumcised? There's no shortage of information about this subject. What would make you think that having thousands fewer of a sensitive nerve ending would make a penis more sensitive? That makes no sense at all. It's like saying that you get a better sense of smell if you cauterize your nasal passage with cryosurgery, something I have had done leaving me with almost no sense of smell. I don't go around tryign to kid people I can smell better than them because I have fewer nerves up my nose.