circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: circumcision
(02-09-2014 11:52 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:41 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Male Genital Mutilation.

That's a really unfair comparison. Female genital mutilation can permanently remove any chance of sexual satisfaction - ever.

I want to point out again that I'm not pro circumcision, nor anti, just participating and learning.

Edit: to be fair I want to also point out the ear piercing the isn't a fair comparison either. Piercing of the ears doesn't hurt that much, recovery is really quick, the holes will close up if you don't like that your ears are pierced, and it doesn't change the function of your ears.

No, it fucking well isn't. It isn't even a comparison. It is an accurate description.

These are men's bodies - women's opinions on this are not important.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I think it is a barbaric and useless practice.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 05:39 PM
(02-09-2014 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:52 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That's a really unfair comparison. Female genital mutilation can permanently remove any chance of sexual satisfaction - ever.

I want to point out again that I'm not pro circumcision, nor anti, just participating and learning.

Edit: to be fair I want to also point out the ear piercing the isn't a fair comparison either. Piercing of the ears doesn't hurt that much, recovery is really quick, the holes will close up if you don't like that your ears are pierced, and it doesn't change the function of your ears.

No, it fucking well isn't. It isn't even a comparison. It is an accurate description.

Wtf, chas?? I'm trying to learn about this topic. I will likely one day be a mother, and since the only thing standing between my potential son and a circumcision is me (my husband is 100% pro) don't you think the eventual conclusion I come to, and my opinion on it will in fact matter?

I'll try and remember this the next time you get involved in a debate on abortion, perhaps?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 05:42 PM
(02-09-2014 05:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it fucking well isn't. It isn't even a comparison. It is an accurate description.

Wtf, chas?? I'm trying to learn about this topic. I will likely one day be a mother, and since the only thing standing between my potential son and a circumcision is me (my husband is 100% pro) don't you think the eventual conclusion I come to, and my opinion on it will in fact matter?

I'll try and remember this the next time you get involved in a debate on abortion, perhaps?

I agree with this statement. It is up to both parents to be educated about such matters.

The whole, I am the man and all decisions about my spouse or my children are my decision alone is really a very old world way of thinking.

One parents cannot make a decision like that alone. Doing things like that is one of the many reasons why marriages fail yo.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
(02-09-2014 05:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 05:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Wtf, chas?? I'm trying to learn about this topic. I will likely one day be a mother, and since the only thing standing between my potential son and a circumcision is me (my husband is 100% pro) don't you think the eventual conclusion I come to, and my opinion on it will in fact matter?

I agree with this statement. It is up to both parents to be educated about such matters.

The whole, I am the man and all decisions about my spouse or my children are my decision alone is really a very old world way of thinking.

One parents cannot make a decision like that alone. Doing things like that is one of the many reasons why marriages fail yo.

Yeah, my husband is 100% pro circumcision, so I kind of dread having a boy because it does make me uncomfortable. I'm dreading that fight. So in the mean time, I try to arm myself with as much info as possible Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I have to disagree that women's opinions don't matter. Since it's the mother that is in the hospital when they come around with the paperwork to perform a circumcision it would be in everyone's best interest for women to be informed. A circumcision doesn't require both parents' consent.

Chas - I am surprised by your reaction. You are never on the side of ignorance on any topic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2014, 06:13 PM
(02-09-2014 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to disagree that women's opinions don't matter. Since it's the mother that is in the hospital when they come around with the paperwork to perform a circumcision it would be in everyone's best interest for women to be informed. A circumcision doesn't require both parents' consent.

Chas - I am surprised by your reaction. You are never on the side of ignorance on any topic.

That's why I was so shocked. Chances are this procedure still exists today because women are uninformed on the issue. Since women are generally making the decision (we are the mothers after all), you'd think people would want women to have an informed opinion rather than none at all. I couldn't believe getting a response like that from chas, when I'm just trying to learn Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
(02-09-2014 06:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to disagree that women's opinions don't matter. Since it's the mother that is in the hospital when they come around with the paperwork to perform a circumcision it would be in everyone's best interest for women to be informed. A circumcision doesn't require both parents' consent.

That's why I was so shocked. Chances are this procedure still exists today because women are uninformed on the issue. Since women are generally making the decision (we are the mothers after all), you'd think people would want women to have an informed opinion rather than none at all. I couldn't believe getting a response like that from chas, when I'm just trying to learn Undecided

Ask yourself this simple question is a cosmetic non-medically necessary procedure worth any risk of death or permanent disfigurement?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-09-2014, 06:27 PM
(02-09-2014 06:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  That's why I was so shocked. Chances are this procedure still exists today because women are uninformed on the issue. Since women are generally making the decision (we are the mothers after all), you'd think people would want women to have an informed opinion rather than none at all. I couldn't believe getting a response like that from chas, when I'm just trying to learn Undecided

Ask yourself this simple question is a cosmetic non-medically necessary procedure worth any risk of death or permanent disfigurement?

Yes I understand this, I've heard it before, and I don't think it is. I'm just going with the flow of the conversation, and trying to soak up as much info as I can. Wink

02-09-2014, 06:40 PM
(02-09-2014 06:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 06:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ask yourself this simple question is a cosmetic non-medically necessary procedure worth any risk of death or permanent disfigurement?

Yes I understand this, I've heard it before, and I don't think it is. I'm just going with the flow of the conversation, and trying to soak up as much info as I can. Wink

I applaud you for it, but if the time ever comes that is a very real question you should ask. 9 times out of 10 either decision will not end up with a major complication but it just seems to me the list of cons for the not circumcising side are all easily fixable whereas the cons on the circumcising side are not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post