circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: circumcision
Male circumcision removes sexually sensitive tissue as well as leaving the remaining tissue exposed, where it thickens and becomes much less sensitive.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 01:21 AM

It seems the issue with circumcision (at least male circumcision) is largely dependent on either being Jewish, or being in a geographical location that makes it more comfortable/hygenic. Certainly in the UK, circumcision is not a part of the norm. It seems to be a much more US thing than anywhere else. Frankly, I reckon it's a hangover from previous generations, when they didn't have proper showers. Clean your dick, and you don't really need to be circumcised. Desert cultures have traditionally espoused it, but fair enough. If you've ever had sand under your foreskin, you can see the benefit. Female circumcision is a completely different matter, however, as it is a purely cosmetic affair, and totally abhorrent in the way it is carried out in those cultures that demand it.

As regards the girl opinion, I've never yet met a girl who's complained about a man being circumcised or not, certainly not at the point she's found out. If she has a look and complains, then chances are it's not your foreskin that's the problem Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Shocked RE: circumcision
(12-01-2011 11:59 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  If you like it so much there's female circumcision <- this is dark humor , the procedure is horrible.
Aarg! Don't go there! Sad

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
13-01-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm curious to know why male circumcision is standard practice in some places, yet female circumcision is illegal and is considered mutilation. Removing a healthy body part for a superficial reason "to look like daddy" is quite pathetic... how often are you and your son going to go around comparing each others penises? "hey son, look at my penis" .. "thats cool daddy, it looks just like mine, now I wont have to go through life feeling awkward!"... if a dad was obese would you start feeding your kids mcdonalds everyday to make them "look like daddy"

Here is a youtube video about circumcision on baby boys, it includes video footage of the surgery on a baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcIf6xRFPpw
13-01-2011, 06:52 AM
It's because female circumcision involves cutting the clitoris OFF, not just the inner labia. that is akin to cutting the whole penis OFF
13-01-2011, 07:16 AM

I admit my reason seem rather lame. However with that I'm not sure I would do it differently if I had to do it over. Probably another lame point to some is the at worse did no harm principle. I'm circumcised, most people I know are too, we're OK, while a little gross to deal with for a few days it didn't seem to bother either of my boys much. Do my sons and I compare penis', no, but when you were a child did you not sneak a peak at dad (and maybe mom) just have a roadmap? I just didn't envision an altercation in 18-25 years where my son is yelling "you fucking bastard I want my Goddamn foreskin back!" I still enjoy sex very much. Would I like it more with foreskin I'm not sure, but the pleasure factor is high enough to keep me wanting more. Basically its your gig if you see it as some kind of unwarranted mutilation, I just don't. Do I dare say we'll agree to disagree (it's a joke) ;-)
13-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I have not been circumcised, I don't want to be, and outside of medical treatment I see no point for it. I am under the impression that it may have started as a way to create fear in young boys at as early an age as possible so that control of them will be easier to maintain. I have no data to support this, but based on what I know about psychology, religion and politics, it seems like very plausible. Notice that I didn't state it as fact, just as a suspicion.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-01-2011, 05:59 PM
The western type female circumcision, which is also highly illegal, only involves removing the clitoral hood and inner labia. It is pretty much exactly like removing the foreskin.

Also I'm not sure where the hygiene ideas came from. Even in the medieval peasantry foreskin infections never exceeded frequency of any other disease. Justifying removing the foreskin in case it got infected is kind of like removing your eyelids to prevent conjunctivitis.
This can be paralleled also that the drop in sensitivity and comfortability of the penis is how the drop in eye sight and comfortability would occur.

Of course a religion has told us that the penis is evil and sex for pleasure is evil. As of yet no religion has told us that sharp eyesight or the eye is evil.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Well this thread has been a little surprising to me, much more "anti-circumcision" then I thought it would be!

For the record, I AM NOT circumcised. I do know what a foreskin does and the basic anatomy (I did fairly well in sex ed in school.. lol). Even though I am in Canada, not the US, it still must be a Western thing, because to me it seems the un-snipped are the minority. I could be wrong, again I do not know the statistics. I also did not know that a child's first years required MORE maintenance if circumcised, I thought the opposite. Ultimately I thought that having a child circumcised might make life a little easier for him- I mean I would miss my foreskin if it was gone but if I never had one I wouldn't know the difference.
13-01-2011, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2011 08:55 PM by Cetaceaphile.)
I don't think the "doesn't matter if you don't know the difference" argument is valid at all.

Putting someone, let alone a baby, under anesthetic to intentionally destroy a major organ for no reason at all is sick, no matter how you look at it. Even if it didn't cause so many sexual problems, including, but not limited to, inability to achieve climax from intercourse, painful erections; definitely will cause a massive drop in sensitivity and can often factor in self esteem problems, it would still be highly questionable in any moral society.

The real reason for western world circumcision is that it causes a major sexual pleasure drop and 8/10 times makes masturbation impossible without lubricants. It started around 150 years ago when people thought that sexual pleasure was the cause of many diseases.
It remains today because society is still stuck in the "well it's tradition so I must do it" mentality and refuses to acknowledge sex as an important part of life. These coupled and people will still do stupid, barbaric things.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.