circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2011, 09:32 PM

RE: circumcision
I can't refute a single one of your points, but I still see absolutely no big deal with it. It's generally done with local or no anesthetic, but that won't change any minds I'm sure. I've experienced none of the issues you mention, but I'm sure there is truth to them. I don't think I'd ever endorse circumcision if someone asked what I think they should do. However if the decided to do it I wouldn't think they were evil. Its just not something I can get all worked up about.
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 09:38 PM
(13-01-2011 06:52 AM)catdance62 Wrote:  It's because female circumcision involves cutting the clitoris OFF, not just the inner labia. that is akin to cutting the whole penis OFF

No , just the so called "lips" of the female genitalia are removed - but it is very painful and is only done to control women , because this way they can't enjoy sexual intercourse.
The problem is , it's done without anesthetic when they are 10-12.
That's SICK !!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 09:45 PM
*EDIT: in response to Dregs

I don't really think anesthetic is the big issue in it, though is certainly one issue.

Most people I know have an issue with circumcision. Of course the sensitivity thing is proven medically, though it would be hard to recognize if you can't subjectively compare between the sensitivity of undamaged and mutilated. Other issues seem to be wide spread too though. I only know three people who I've talked with on that level who don't have another issue. I actually know a couple of guys who only recently had their first orgasm (in their late 20s both of them) due to an almost total lack of sensitivity, fixed by using an artificial foreskin. There are others I know who have problems with tightness during erection, and a few who don't get involved in sexual activity because it's either painful or they have self esteem problems because of circumcision.

I was unlucky enough to have a comparison between uncut and cut (was mutilated as a punishment when I was 10 or 11), though I am happier now as I managed to get back the sensitivity and more, as you'd expect from age (xD), by using artificial protection.

Anyways. I would never ever mutilate anyone, and if it was their will I would advice against. And for medical reasons? Well when I was 16 I ripped my ear. They fixed my ear, they didn't cut it off.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I know you have a pretty serious issue with circumcision, but you are acting like the serious problems you've mentioned are the norm. Sorry, but that's just not the case. I'm sorry about the problems you've had, I truly am, but this is turning into your own personal soap-box. When you start saying things like, "And for medical reasons? Well when I was 16 I ripped my ear. They fixed my ear, they didn't cut it off. " it becomes insulting to people who have had the procedure done for legitimate medical reasons.
And by the way, I CAN compare between circumcised and un-circumcised. The loss of sensitivity was minimal, and negligible compared to the suffering I had to endure before. Yes, I am sure your loss of sensitivity, and that of others is legitimate, but it doesn't mean that circumcision isn't a valid practice under the right circumstances. (And when done properly, which is another thing I feel bears acknowledgement).
The fact is, your experience is the exception, not the rule. Do I think circumcision should be done to everyone? Nope. But it is a solution to a problem far worse than loss of sensitivity, so I DO think it should be done when warranted.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-01-2011, 10:21 PM
When warranted of course it's ok. If warranted people lose arms and legs, but when unwarranted it is highly destructive. You've said before about your story, but I can also say to you that your experience is the exception for those with a natural penis, not the norm.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just want to prevent people from being mutilated. And there is a difference, as there is a difference between dismemberment and amputation.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-01-2011, 12:47 AM
(13-01-2011 10:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  But it is a solution to a problem far worse than loss of sensitivity, so I DO think it should be done when warranted.

What problem is that ?
When is it necessary for medical reasons ?
14-01-2011, 12:59 AM
I know a guy who's foreskin stopped growing as he did and it had to be removed to prevent strangulation. There is also I think some people who just get infections for no real reason.
A friend of mine gets infected toenails all the time for no reason. Doctors advised him to have them removed.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-01-2011, 04:40 AM

For the record I'm not one bit offended, and I certainly wish I had been more informed when I was making the decision for my children. I don't know what I would have decided, and I can't go back. However I've also never met anyone with issues, granted the subject doesn't come up much (pun intended).
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Aye, well men with health is a very closed thing, and then with sexual health it's even more closed because all men seem to want to be "all man".

I don't want to enforce any stereotypes of sexual openness, but the only guys who've opened up to me without remaining anonymous have been gay/bi.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Here, circumcision is not common among non-jews and non-muslims, but it is done when needed, like any other operation. For religious reasons it's legal only if it's done by a doctor, anestesia is used and the situation is appropriate in other ways too. But health-care centers don't take a stance on religious circumcision very often, so when a muslim mother asked about circumcision and didn't get a proper answer (although they should atleast inform that it's legal only under certain rules) she ordered some guy from Sweden to do the circumcision for about 100€. After the circumcision the wound started heavy bleeding and the child was taken to a hospital. The circumciser was not found and the mother was prosecuted for a rude abuse or inciting a rude abuse. I don't know how the story ended.

Female circumcision/genital mutilation is always illigal in Finland, even if the victim is sent abroad to be circumcised.

I'm happy with my countrys circumcision laws and since it's not common for non-medical reasons(which exist, but I don't know if there are any medical reasons to circumcise a baby).
I'm still not sure of my position on religious circumcision. If it would be illigal, then it would go underground and the risk of the babies getting more hurt would increase. And if a child in a muslim community isn't circumcised, would the community still accept him?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.