circumcision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2011, 07:04 AM
RE: circumcision
(02-02-2011 03:44 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Looking at it from a creationist view, specifically Abrahamic, it does heavily violate the "We were created in God's image" and "worship your body as it is an image of God" stuff.

So isn't that ANOTHER contradiction in/with the Bible ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM

The bible is over 1000 years old, has been translated by people with agendas more times than anyone can count, parts have been removed, parts have been changed, however the core tenants to which most Christians subscribe still remain. Many people don't look to the bible word for word for guidance, however the modern values that people ascribe to it are what is important.
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
(02-02-2011 02:58 AM)creationistpidyn Wrote:  I am thoroughly sorry for the suffering you have endured in your ordeals. however I would like to return to the topic at hand.

I to agree that the brutalization of the male and female genitalia has persisted so long. Even worse is the perversion of god's will by claiming that it is done for religious purposes. If god had wanted it done then he would have created us with this procedure already preformed. I thoroughly agree that this blasphemous atrocity must be prevented and I thoroughly support all your efforts in this regard. God created the genitalia this way with a purpose, who are we mortals to decide that he was wrong.

You sound somewhat rational for a theist. Explain yourself. Wink Whatcha doing hanging out with this crowd?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
(02-02-2011 01:23 PM)TheModerateBeliever Wrote:  The bible is over 1000 years old, has been translated by people with agendas more times than anyone can count, parts have been removed, parts have been changed, however the core tenants to which most Christians subscribe still remain. Many people don't look to the bible word for word for guidance, however the modern values that people ascribe to it are what is important.

If most Christians would have your opinion things would be much better for everyone.
As a book the bible has bad things but also good things - I won't deny that.Still some people use it (and other holy books) to justify the worst of behavior , that's what gets me !

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
14-03-2011, 12:40 AM
A friend of a friend of mine just made an interesting case to me.

"Male genital mutilation has a problem for those with Asperges syndrome. Something to do with cartilage forming in the penis means that the act of ripping off the foreskin to cut it off causes the penis to bend out of shape, sometimes up to 45 degrees.
Comes under the same bullshit that causes colour changes in that chord thing that is stuck in babies tummy buttons, and the intestine problems that asperges have."

At first I thought it was simply a Chris Chan reference, but he showed a few pics with stories in this little folder he'd built up, so I'm open to the possibility.
Now this is something I hadn't thought about before. Not even sure if it's much relevant because circumcision is one of those things that shouldn't happen anyway.
What do you make of it?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-03-2011, 12:56 AM

(14-03-2011 12:40 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  A friend of a friend of mine just made an interesting case to me.

"Male genital mutilation has a problem for those with Asperges syndrome. Something to do with cartilage forming in the penis means that the act of ripping off the foreskin to cut it off causes the penis to bend out of shape, sometimes up to 45 degrees.
Comes under the same bullshit that causes colour changes in that chord thing that is stuck in babies tummy buttons, and the intestine problems that asperges have."

At first I thought it was simply a Chris Chan reference, but he showed a few pics with stories in this little folder he'd built up, so I'm open to the possibility.
Now this is something I hadn't thought about before. Not even sure if it's much relevant because circumcision is one of those things that shouldn't happen anyway.
What do you make of it?

When I'm a surgeon I'm downright refusing to perform one. It's a risky practice that's detrimental and causes harm. Hippocrates is rolling in his grave.

I would call it barbaric, but that's an insult to barbarians.
14-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Barbarians usually killed victims of genital mutilation simply because they are victims. Like, barbarians like the Gauls, Goths, etc.

Fun fact anyways.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-03-2011, 01:48 AM

(12-01-2011 07:23 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I don't see it as normal. at least not in my community.
My friend got circumcised last year though, against his will I might add! He was in for a checkup at the hospital and the Dr said "I have time in my schedule today so why don't I give you a circumcision? Its for your health and it will only take a few minutes."
My friend didn't even know what it was 0.o up until he woke up about a half hour later with a very severe pain.

Wen't to the doctor about 3 months ago with a problem regarding the foreskin, was to tight at the helmet so I went to check for treatments,
it was messing with my sex life so I needed to take care of it.

Few moments after talking to the doctor he said, how about I pencil you in for next week.. I asked for what.. he went for a minor surgery..
I was kinda scared that he went straight for cutting the most sensitive part of the penis right off. Made him prescribe some steroid cream for the effected area since I researched before I went in. Worked like a charm, takes about 1 month to see effects. Don't got any problem's anymore.

p.s less than 1% of males and females are circumcised in Iceland (my country) think its probably less than 0.5%, only done in medical necessity.
14-03-2011, 01:54 AM

(14-03-2011 01:48 AM)Sanctus Wrote:  
(12-01-2011 07:23 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I don't see it as normal. at least not in my community.
My friend got circumcised last year though, against his will I might add! He was in for a checkup at the hospital and the Dr said "I have time in my schedule today so why don't I give you a circumcision? Its for your health and it will only take a few minutes."
My friend didn't even know what it was 0.o up until he woke up about a half hour later with a very severe pain.

Wen't to the doctor about 3 months ago with a problem regarding the foreskin, was to tight at the helmet so I went to check for treatments,
it was messing with my sex life so I needed to take care of it.

Few moments after talking to the doctor he said, how about I pencil you in for next week.. I asked for what.. he went for a minor surgery..
I was kinda scared that he went straight for cutting the most sensitive part of the penis right off. Made him prescribe some steroid cream for the effected area since I researched before I went in. Worked like a charm, takes about 1 month to see effects. Don't got any problem's anymore.

p.s less than 1% of males and females are circumcised in Iceland (my country) think its probably less than 0.5%, only done in medical necessity.

Lol, surgeon meathead. All they want to do is cut cut cut.
14-03-2011, 01:58 AM

(12-01-2011 07:23 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Lol, surgeon meathead. All they want to do is cut cut cut.

True, got out of that doctor's office with the prescription as fast as I could Big Grin