cjlr goes to Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: cjlr goes to Texas
Dude, just stop by EA's, & Rev's, place! They'll hook ya up with any gear you might need, like a 10 gallon hat ur sumthin! Tongue

Get pics of all 3 of ya! Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-12-2015, 09:34 PM
(12-12-2015 07:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 10:50 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  WHERE in Texas? Austin is relatively liberal, and to a lesser extent the other big cities, but the rural areas are nutso.

Don't listen to him, cjlr - I'm from a rural area of Texas. Do I look nutso to you? Hobo

Yes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
15-12-2015, 03:15 PM
11 days until T-day.

Confused

... this is my signature!
15-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention barbecue. Find a real barbecue joint and fill your face with brisket. Texans do brisket better than anyone. Just make sure you find someone local that will direct you to a REAL barbecue place.

It's been a long time since I've been to Texas, but we went often when I was younger. I love it there. Always found the people are super relaxed and easy going. Friendly too, and they'll love your accent.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
15-12-2015, 09:12 PM
(15-12-2015 09:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I haven't seen anyone mention barbecue. Find a real barbecue joint and fill your face with brisket. Texans do brisket better than anyone. Just make sure you find someone local that will direct you to a REAL barbecue place.

It's been a long time since I've been to Texas, but we went often when I was younger. I love it there. Always found the people are super relaxed and easy going. Friendly too, and they'll love your accent.

BBQ is not my favorite thing but I have to admit that brisket won me over.

C - if you are going to be in Austin - go to Stubb's. Great food and good music. Always. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-12-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm super lucky. A food truck recently set up on my route to work. Texas BBQ. They've got a gorgeous smoker and they are a very experienced couple from Texas. Did the BBQ circuit for years. Great people, unbelievable food, and it's just like we used to get in Texas, five minutes away!

cjlr, west coast would have been a better choice. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
15-12-2015, 09:29 PM
(15-12-2015 09:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:02 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I haven't seen anyone mention barbecue. Find a real barbecue joint and fill your face with brisket. Texans do brisket better than anyone. Just make sure you find someone local that will direct you to a REAL barbecue place.

BBQ is not my favorite thing but I have to admit that brisket won me over.

C - if you are going to be in Austin - go to Stubb's. Great food and good music. Always. Thumbsup

I was once so too full of beer to realize the "beverage" I picked up out the fridge, to hydrate myself, was actually a bottle of KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce! Hobo

I've since started putting that BBQ sauce on damn near every piece of meat I eat! Blush

15-12-2015, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 09:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-12-2015 09:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  C - if you are going to be in Austin - go to Stubb's.

I think I buy his various BBQ and marinade sauces in bottles from Safeway. No? Old big black guy been barbecuing like 5 decades?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-12-2015, 09:33 PM
(15-12-2015 03:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  11 days until T-day.

Confused

You're going to visit the cow-punchers on Boxing Day? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2015, 09:37 PM
(15-12-2015 09:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 09:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  C - if you are going to be in Austin - go to Stubb's.

I think I buy his various BBQ and marinade sauces in bottles from Safeway. No? Old big black guy been barbecuing like 5 decades??

That's him...and you can buy his sauces in stores now.

They have live music inside and sometimes outdoor concerts. Food is good and fast and plentiful.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post