cjlr's Psychedelic Odyssey

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-08-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: cjlr's Psychedelic Odyssey
(15-08-2014 08:44 PM)mythuat24hnet Wrote:  But I love what you're doing.......

That is extremely cool to hear.
(as you may have noticed I don't generally get too much feedback in the thread...)

I had a pretty good backlog when I started the thread. Which is, shit, over a year ago now! But yeah, if you've got anything in particular you'd like to hear more of, I could use the inspiration.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Right, it's always easier to dig out random old Japanese stuff on the youtubes.
(and that's the most often taken down... but what can you do)

Regular readers will know how much I love Jun Mayuzumi. So here's her (because the earlier tracks are de-listed, shitty old Youtube...)! With a sexy, sexy cover of that old classic, "What'd I Say":

And, uh... Misori Hibari [美空 ひばり]? A hibari is a songbird, so that's kind of appropriate. Here's the 1967 single, Crimson Sun [真っ赤な太陽, makana taiyo]. I'm always a sucker for enka style vocals.

18-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Because I love you all, here's more of Uchida's Flowers.

First, this little classic. I don't recognise which song it is. I have absolutely no idea where the footage is from. WHO CARES.

And, who doesn't love a cover of a little Summertime? From 1969's Challenge album (I'd say "it's the cover where they're all nude", but they did several of those).

07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Hot damn, fellow travellers. I have been a busy, busy man lately. And not busy with this thread, which is a true shame.

Let's go back to Mexico!

Astute viewers may recall la Revolucion de Emiliano Zapata, my favourite Mexican act of the era. Let's listen them some more! I mentioned the eponymous debut album later. Let's skip a couple years down the line to 1972's Hoy. The lead track on that was called "en medio de la lluvia" (in the middle of the rain"). It rocks so very hard.

10-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Heck, why not more? From the beginning to the end, as is proper in all things. Track 8, I Dig It, which closes out the album; the last track ever released by Zapata's revolution.