classic metal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2017, 12:42 PM
classic metal
ant classic metal fans out there? I love Megadeath, Black Sabbath, KISS, and other classic metal performers. I've had the good fortune to see KISS with all the originals. When they broke up in 1980 I was twelve and never thought I would see them in there original form (I'm a purist and I won't see them unless it's in the original form :noSmile. I saw Sabbath and Megadeath and Motorhead all in the same night. It was an absouletly killer concert. I'm hoping to see Megadeth again. Smile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kevin308's post
08-05-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: classic metal
(08-05-2017 12:42 PM)kevin308 Wrote:  ant classic metal fans out there? I love Megadeath, Black Sabbath, KISS, and other classic metal performers. I've had the good fortune to see KISS with all the originals. When they broke up in 1980 I was twelve and never thought I would see them in there original form (I'm a purist and I won't see them unless it's in the original form :noSmile. I saw Sabbath and Megadeath and Motorhead all in the same night. It was an absouletly killer concert. I'm hoping to see Megadeth again. Smile.
Yeah, love Sabbath especially with Ozzy or Dio (Heaven and Hell is killer).
Love Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween, Cavalera era Sepultura, The first few Metallica albums, Anthrax, Megadeth, Annihilator.
08-05-2017, 02:17 PM
(08-05-2017 01:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 12:42 PM)kevin308 Wrote:  ant classic metal fans out there? I love Megadeath, Black Sabbath, KISS, and other classic metal performers. I've had the good fortune to see KISS with all the originals. When they broke up in 1980 I was twelve and never thought I would see them in there original form (I'm a purist and I won't see them unless it's in the original form :noSmile. I saw Sabbath and Megadeath and Motorhead all in the same night. It was an absouletly killer concert. I'm hoping to see Megadeth again. Smile.
Yeah, love Sabbath especially with Ozzy or Dio (Heaven and Hell is killer).
Love Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween, Cavalera era Sepultura, The first few Metallica albums, Anthrax, Megadeth, Annihilator.
I just wish that Priest hadn't broken up. I guess when you like old bands, your not always going to get the original members. I'm hoping Maiden comes stateside. They are all over Europe.
08-05-2017, 04:42 PM
(08-05-2017 02:17 PM)kevin308 Wrote:  I'm hoping Maiden comes stateside. They are all over Europe.
http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/iron-...ca-in-2017
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
08-05-2017, 05:31 PM
(08-05-2017 04:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 02:17 PM)kevin308 Wrote:  I'm hoping Maiden comes stateside. They are all over Europe.
Thanks!
08-05-2017, 06:52 PM
YEP! Definitely the best kind of metal in my book. I've seen Judas Priest (I don't think they're broken up....???), Iron Maiden (w/ Dream Theater, meh), Metallica+Megadeth+Anthrax+Slayer (Big 4), Megadeth+Anthrax+Slayer, Iron Maiden + Megadeth + Anthrax + Testament + Sabaton (Fri 13, Sept 2013), Black Sabbath (w/ Ozzy...), and that's probably about it for "classic metal", some others in the Industrial and "Nu" metal categories, not sure I'd really consider those "metal" though (even if Wikipedia does).

Thanks for the reminder that Maiden will be back on tour soon, YES PLEASE!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
08-05-2017, 06:55 PM
(08-05-2017 04:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
They'll be in St. Loser this summer.

I listen to "Ozzie's Boneyard" on SiriusXM.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
21-08-2017, 01:47 AM
I love classic metal! Iron Maiden and Megadeth are two of my favorite bands, as you might have figured out from my username Cool

Iron Maiden has been my favorite band since the Piece of Mind album came out in 1983. I've seen Maiden 7 times -- most recently on July 5th at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA. I've even met Dave Murray!

And I've seen Megadeth 5 times -- the 6th time will be coming up on October 4th. Oh, and I've met Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson, too!

Some of my other favorites that I've seen are:
Alice Cooper (3 times)
Scorpions (4 times)
Blue Oyster Cult (4 times)
RUSH (1 time)
Yngwie Malmsteen (2 times)
Metallica (2 times)
Slayer (2 times)
Motorhead (2 times)

And some not so classic metal favorites:
Buckethead (6 times)
Ghost (3 times)
Alice in Chains (1 time)
A Perfect Circle (1 time)

[Image: UP-THE-IRONS.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes MaidenDeth's post
21-08-2017, 06:17 AM

First concert I saw - Hotter than Hell tour. The opening act - a little known at the time band - Styx......

Never been a MD or MH fan. Have seen Sabbath , and Ozzie..

Even remember some of it...

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-08-2017, 06:38 AM
I was never really a metal fan but I did see Judas Priest live......in 1979! Wow, how time flies.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí