cna your d and d character be atheist roflao

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2012, 03:05 PM
cna your d and d character be atheist roflao
i just had a weird idea uI want to go into a game of dungeons and dragons playing a completely atheist character. that would be hard because in this game gods do exist and the only thing I can come up with to answer that is "those are some really powerful wizard" what do you guys think.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: cna your d and d character be atheist roflao
(24-09-2012 03:05 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  i just had a weird idea uI want to go into a game of dungeons and dragons playing a completely atheist character. that would be hard because in this game gods do exist and the only thing I can come up with to answer that is "those are some really powerful wizard" what do you guys think.

........Can anybody understand what this guy just said? The grammar, spelling, and overall wording of this is awful.

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist
24-09-2012, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2012 05:03 PM by kunoxian drive.)
1." I just had a weird idea. ... want to go into a game of dungeons and dragons..... playing a completely atheist character.{basically i want to lay in game where there are gods as an athiest just to see what would happen]

2. that would be hard because in this game gods do exist and the only thing I can come up with to answer that is "those are some really powerful wizard" what do you guys think.{the idea is to play an atheist in a world wit gods... basically an rpg.}

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
25-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Sure I understood him. And of course you can play atheist, but that must depend on the character class you play. For example a Cleric and Favorite Soul need to be believers. There are rules where you could worship no gods even with a cleric, but you still are not a complete atheist. As for the other classes, they could be atheists. If you are a powerful wizard, it would be pretty stupid to worship any god, as you are on your way to become one. But if you play Dread Necromancer, then in its description you can see how they describe it as possible to worship Vecna or Nerul, but since the DN class on level 20 becomes a full-blown undead and not just any undead, but a lich, you are on a very good way of being god-like.

So the class you play plays a crucial part in choosing the religion/non-religion background of your character.

At this moment I am playing the Favorite Soul of Kossuth and my friend is playing a Cleric of Kossuth. It would really be retarded if we said we will play these characters, but be atheists, even if we technically could do it.

However, if you play monk, fighter, rogue, even druid, it is pretty OK to disregard the religion and play them as atheists. Then you have another problem that you need to consider. If you need healing, or some special healing like Restoration, Greater Restoration, True Resurrection, Remove Disease, what temple will you go to? What cleric will help you if you do not follow his/hers deity? Why would they help you, you are a heathen? Even the good-aligned clerics may not help you, as you are not a part of their church and their services take time, effort, experience and money, so they like to reserve that for their own members and believers.

It's not easy to be an atheist, even in a fantasy game... We are always god damn heathens.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-09-2012, 05:34 AM
No. Cause I'm either a cleric or the DM. Evil_monster

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 05:46 AM by Filox.)
I would so love to play DnD with HoC... Hey HoC, I hope you take the "True Believer" feat for your cleric every time. A cleric without that is just not the cleric its suppose to be.

As for you being DM... I'm not so sure about that. Are you maybe too evil to your minions?

Big Grin

Tongue

P.S.

This would be my character, or something similar, I use this type of weapon.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn2d0OVZmldIuQJGJlxfr...fuINqop59s]

And this is how my god looks like...

[Image: Kossuth_p36.jpg]

If gods looked like this, I would be the biggest believer ever.

Big Grin

[Image: Fire.jpg]

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Son, if I'm playing a game of dungeon and dragons or a game based off the dungeons and dragons system of dice roll such as Icewind, Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate 2, all I wanna do is fucking one shot kill me some badass motherfuckers with a x16 multiple backstab. The last thing I am thinking is "I wonder what it would be like to be an atheist inside this game".

I'm just sayin.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
25-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Necromancy with Ishtar, who just so happens to look like Gwyneth. Mnnm, evil Gwynnies in skin-tight black leather... I gotta go lay down. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-09-2012, 11:11 PM
(25-09-2012 05:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, if I'm playing a game of dungeon and dragons or a game based off the dungeons and dragons system of dice roll such as Icewind, Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate 2, all I wanna do is fucking one shot kill me some badass motherfuckers with a x16 multiple backstab. The last thing I am thinking is "I wonder what it would be like to be an atheist inside this game".

I'm just sayin.

Right, and what about undead or constructs, where you can not use your sneak attack? You would wish you are a worshiper and had Turn Undead/Rebuke Undead feature... This is not a subject to ignore, choosing your religion in a game can affect the whole campaign settings. If the DM knows what he/she is doing.

And you can not compare DnD with computer variations of the game. The options are just ... well, there are no options in the computer game, not real ones.

-Hunter S. Thompson
25-09-2012, 11:49 PM
(25-09-2012 11:11 PM)Filox Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 05:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, if I'm playing a game of dungeon and dragons or a game based off the dungeons and dragons system of dice roll such as Icewind, Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate 2, all I wanna do is fucking one shot kill me some badass motherfuckers with a x16 multiple backstab. The last thing I am thinking is "I wonder what it would be like to be an atheist inside this game".

I'm just sayin.

Right, and what about undead or constructs, where you can not use your sneak attack? You would wish you are a worshiper and had Turn Undead/Rebuke Undead feature... This is not a subject to ignore, choosing your religion in a game can affect the whole campaign settings. If the DM knows what he/she is doing.

And you can not compare DnD with computer variations of the game. The options are just ... well, there are no options in the computer game, not real ones.

That's why I have a paladin on standby obviously. Good strong fighter who can use the powerful 2handers and wear full plate, can use minor heals and can TURN UNDEAD.
Duh.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The NEW "Satanic" Atheist Symbol Mr. Slave 16 212 21-07-2014 11:32 AM
Last Post: Anna
  Any atheist chats I could join? Cyvas 18 240 18-07-2014 03:55 PM
Last Post: kiwihogfiend
Rainbow Conversation between atheist daughter and Christian mother aunts1384 11 1,811 18-05-2014 12:18 AM
Last Post: Cat Attack
  Two Things That Annoy Seth About Atheist Culture Ryanshidyak 37 725 03-12-2013 01:58 PM
Last Post: Brian37
  should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday kunoxian drive 18 442 03-12-2013 04:02 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  the atheist bible game kunoxian drive 1 212 29-09-2013 10:22 PM
Last Post: kunoxian drive
  The Amazing Atheist... DerekS 76 2,094 29-07-2013 09:08 AM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude