code of conduct for this section? What a joke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 10:34 PM
code of conduct for this section? What a joke
What a joke to have a personal issues section with a code of conduct and even the corrective responses towards those who were being rude to me .... they were half assed and insincere and said that I deserved it.

Either you have rules and are gona enforce them or you have a personal issues section that is no different from FB.

I'm sorry I appeared as a drive by but I actually FORGOT about posting in this forum.

I got one personal message from another atheist who made an attempt to reach out to me. All the others... just your typical atheist jerkoff.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ME UNLESS YOURE GOING TO REACH OUT.

MY first two years as an atheist have been two of the most miserable years of my life I wish I had never met atheists. I wish I had never started reading any science. I'd rather be stupid than this fukken miserable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: code of conduct for this section? What a joke
How about we start again? Thumbsup

Welcome.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Yup. Personally, I apologise.

I didn't see the thread until it was resurrected just now. We should have reminded people of the rules for that section.

And I forgive you for forgetting. Wink

And also, no problem with "fucking".

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Yes, I was sincere in the other thread.

I feel like there are a lot of contributing factors to your misery and maybe we could flesh them out one at a time.

Please don't regret learning as much truth as you can. There is so much good in science, but that doesn't have to be the reason you're an atheist. Atheism is just the belief that there are no gods. That comes from rational thought and a thirst for evidence.

Can you start from the beginning with the troubles you faced with these FB atheists?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
01-03-2017, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 11:11 PM by Geekgroupie.)
I'm SO ANGRY!!! I've become the hate I hate jus like that Nietzsche quote. Beware lest you fight monsters lest you become one.

When I was a theist I only wanted to love the atheists. I was a geekgroupie.. I adored physicists as my rockstars and I could even explain how something came from nothing. How kewl is that for a theist? I mean, really.

I got into the debate groups thinking i could be an ally against YEC. Who better than me to show them you could love god and science? Oh, how stupid and naïve i was. I got eaten alive ..my very first day in a group..... a whole group of atheists pretended to like me for two days. What wasn't to like? i was a kewl theist. Then.. came the ax. They had only been pretending to like me to pump me for information.

So, i learned how to fight back. I found out if they called me stupid i could change the topic to science. Then i found out they really were too stupid for science and no wonder they debated religion. Its a lot easier when you know youre an automatic winner from the start.

Basically, dudes... i challenge that cliché that the ridiculous deserve ridicule. They deserve the best we have to offer. But that's another Op.

Another basically... is that it wouldn't be so bad if atheists would say something like, Gee, maybe we should keep our eyes open for the occasional theist who is curious and just wants to chat. But nooo... i get mocked as playing some kind of victim. Well guess what? I WAS a victim. I should have recognized as a deconverting theist . I should have been recognized as something special, per se.

so now... since i became an atheist.... I don't usually debate theists . I go for the sharks. But whenever i do debate a theist..it only makes me more angry.. NO fucking way was i that stupid.

argh. Then i rediscover my post here and its no different. I'm all spazzing out again. And i'm out of pot, too.

I'm so angry. Oh well. Life sux.
01-03-2017, 11:13 PM
What is it you're seeking here? Are you looking for atheists who aren't dicks, who will listen to you? You found one. Your anger is debilitating. Try to calm down and see if we can get to a safer happier place. Why did you deconvert? What was it that made you become an atheist?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
01-03-2017, 11:23 PM
(01-03-2017 11:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yes, I was sincere in the other thread.

I feel like there are a lot of contributing factors to your misery and maybe we could flesh them out one at a time.

Please don't regret learning as much truth as you can. There is so much good in science, but that doesn't have to be the reason you're an atheist. Atheism is just the belief that there are no gods. That comes from rational thought and a thirst for evidence.

Can you start from the beginning with the troubles you faced with these FB atheists?

It didn't come from a thirst for evidence. It came being savvy enough to realize that if there was a god there would be evidence... but it mostly came from accepting my god experiences were delusional. And dude.. i was out there. WAY way WAY out there . God was very real to me. So real that i couldn't deny him anymore than my parents as i used to say. It was epic. I was in another dimension of reality where everything my cherry picked version of the bible made sense.

Then i got cracked by the socratic method. Was i really in direct contact with god or was i deluded. My dad was psychotic. I accepted i was wired for it. that's the only way i could reconcile my experiences... it was no pretend. it was no wishful thinking, per se.

Then as i came out as an atheist i tried to share what i thought i had to bring to the table. No one wanted to hear it. Other atheists seemed to be offended that i understood something they didn't . Everything is for the win and you can't accept feedback if you need need need to win.

i could go on for hours with the details and such. The only way i can relate to other atheists is if they hate religion and theists as much as i hate other atheists.. then i understand. Cuz i have so much anger and hate. And i'm better now than i was a year plus ago. geez.

The atheists kept telling me i wasn't making any sense. You'd have thought i had expressive aphasia or something. then i started wondering.. and that's when i wanted to die. Maybe i was losing it. I am sixty years old and my spelling is starting to slip. I have adhd and get scattered , i realize that. but damn. i'm no dumbass either. I have credentials both academic and professional.. The atheists egged me on to take my own life, dude. I've seen another theist get egged on to take his own life. How could they? All i see ftmp are atheists that are disgusting vile ppl. And then i come here and get the same type of crap? Oh lawd. i gotta laugh. at least i am laughing.
01-03-2017, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 11:36 PM by jennybee.)
First, welcome to TTA. I'm sorry if you feel you were treated poorly here. I think most people may have thought you were here to cause trouble because you didn't make an introduction post and your first post was just a few sentences.

When we've had people do that on here before, they were typically only on here to cause problems. Should we have assumed you were like that too? No, you are right, we shouldn't have. So sorry for that.

This is actually a really nice place with lots of good people. I know you didn't get the warmest welcome but hopefully you'll let us change that.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
01-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Thank you. I really need to chill out and calm down. I'm hyper normally. Gravity forbid if i get wound up then i get way to scattered.

I am an atheist. I don't know where to meet other atheists except for online. Then i get told if i can't handle it to leave. Geeze, atheists are some rough folks.

thank you . It wAS a blow to see the same typical reactions to me mentioning atheist abuse cuz if i was complaining about xtian abuse it would be a different story. Most atheists refuse to believe i'm really an atheist. After all, No True Atheist criticizes and complains about other atheists. Its like i get some new century witch hunt to prove i'm not really an atheist so they can blow off my arguments and such.

Its late.. i should cash in. But i would look forward to meeting some supportive atheists. I like to give back, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Geekgroupie's post
01-03-2017, 11:50 PM
:sadcryface;

Hug Geekgroupie

Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post