code of conduct for this section? What a joke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: code of conduct for this section? What a joke
(01-03-2017 11:23 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 11:05 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yes, I was sincere in the other thread.

I feel like there are a lot of contributing factors to your misery and maybe we could flesh them out one at a time.

Please don't regret learning as much truth as you can. There is so much good in science, but that doesn't have to be the reason you're an atheist. Atheism is just the belief that there are no gods. That comes from rational thought and a thirst for evidence.

Can you start from the beginning with the troubles you faced with these FB atheists?

It didn't come from a thirst for evidence. It came being savvy enough to realize that if there was a god there would be evidence... but it mostly came from accepting my god experiences were delusional. And dude.. i was out there. WAY way WAY out there . God was very real to me. So real that i couldn't deny him anymore than my parents as i used to say. It was epic. I was in another dimension of reality where everything my cherry picked version of the bible made sense.

Then i got cracked by the socratic method. Was i really in direct contact with god or was i deluded. My dad was psychotic. I accepted i was wired for it. that's the only way i could reconcile my experiences... it was no pretend. it was no wishful thinking, per se.

Then as i came out as an atheist i tried to share what i thought i had to bring to the table. No one wanted to hear it. Other atheists seemed to be offended that i understood something they didn't . Everything is for the win and you can't accept feedback if you need need need to win.

i could go on for hours with the details and such. The only way i can relate to other atheists is if they hate religion and theists as much as i hate other atheists.. then i understand. Cuz i have so much anger and hate. And i'm better now than i was a year plus ago. geez.

The atheists kept telling me i wasn't making any sense. You'd have thought i had expressive aphasia or something. then i started wondering.. and that's when i wanted to die. Maybe i was losing it. I am sixty years old and my spelling is starting to slip. I have adhd and get scattered , i realize that. but damn. i'm no dumbass either. I have credentials both academic and professional.. The atheists egged me on to take my own life, dude. I've seen another theist get egged on to take his own life. How could they? All i see ftmp are atheists that are disgusting vile ppl. And then i come here and get the same type of crap? Oh lawd. i gotta laugh. at least i am laughing.

Anyone who encourages someone to kill themselves is a scumbag, atheist or not. You will not find people like that here. I sincerely think that other thread on here was a mix of circumstantial and past experience with many people who just come on here to egg us on or whatever, and things got off on the wrong foot. If you ever have those types of feeling again, please seek professional help and stay away from random Internet forums. Your life is more important than some moron's comment.

How did you discover the Socratic method? What made you start to question things? And can you begin to explain what you were referring to in the other threads regarding the fundamental atheism, et al?

It's late for me so I have to get some sleep, but I'm not ignoring you. I'll respond in the morning if you reply before then.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
02-03-2017, 12:25 AM
(01-03-2017 11:50 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  :sadcryface;

Hug Geekgroupie

Heart

thank you so much. Your message and the others that have not wanted to argue with me about being such a spaz means so much to me.
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2017, 01:03 PM
DLJ, Full Circle , WillHopp, Jennybee and Peebothul: you guys show integrity that is sorely missing in other atheists. You guys admitted you were wrong and apologized. You were able to respond to me in a manner that was effective.

DOM on the other hand, took my other thread and moved it to another arena where I was no longer in a safe place. That's an example of corruption.

All the other atheists on my first thread only trolled me. I'm angry about the abuse I suffered as a theist and i'm angry about being exploited for it. The other atheists love to feed what they see as a troll.

As evident by the listed atheists that were able to respond effectively to me is evidence that whatever ongoing disputatiousness exists on another thread is *not* all my fault.

this is a personal care section and while being unable to show respect for me, they also were unable to show respect for the designation of this as a safe place.

so, I continue to see most atheists as despicable , fundamental atheists only out for a win.

I'm going to conclude that I just don't like most atheists for their debate maniac, fight club mentality. And I need to stay away from them cuz they only make me sicker.
02-03-2017, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 01:39 PM by kim.)
(02-03-2017 01:03 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  ---
--- sicker.

Have you been to a therapist?
There are many good therapists out there who are secular in approach. A friend recently turned me onto This site.

Two years isn't a very long time and from what I've observed, the process of changing one's mindset is a very back and forth process.

Don't worry Olivia, you'll do ok - with proper help. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Gee, I'm sorry you had a rough start here on TTA. Like a few people have already written, we have some drive by crazy people who come here about every two weeks and stir things up to a boil just for the fun of it so some of us are on guard.

Sorry being an atheist sucks sometimes. There are wonderful things about being an atheist though that are far superior to being a theist. When an atheist helps someone who is hurting or in need the atheist is helping out of pure empathy not because they want to get into heaven or are threatened by an invisible deity. Life is more important to an atheist because this is our only gig, there's no encour or reset button. This is it.

Atheist generally have a more open mind and accept other people's lifestyles without the rules and regulations that govern the mind of a theist. I think we are better people because we don't judge others in the context of a god. In some ways atheist follow Jesus' teachings more than Christians do. Kind of funny, that. Countries with the highest rate of atheism have the lowest crime rates and give more to charity than countries with highly religious people. And a big plus, atheists have a much better sense of humor than theists. Thumbsup

I just wanted to give you a more positive view of atheism. There are many more positive things than those I just mentioned. In the meantime here's a hug for you.

Hug

And some Knights Who Say Ni because......well.....why not. Big Grin

Knights who say NI!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-03-2017, 01:52 PM
(01-03-2017 10:34 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  What a joke to have a personal issues section with a code of conduct and even the corrective responses towards those who were being rude to me .... they were half assed and insincere and said that I deserved it.

Either you have rules and are gona enforce them or you have a personal issues section that is no different from FB.

I'm sorry I appeared as a drive by but I actually FORGOT about posting in this forum.

I got one personal message from another atheist who made an attempt to reach out to me. All the others... just your typical atheist jerkoff.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ME UNLESS YOURE GOING TO REACH OUT.

MY first two years as an atheist have been two of the most miserable years of my life I wish I had never met atheists. I wish I had never started reading any science. I'd rather be stupid than this fukken miserable.

Ok, well I just got finished reading through the thread that was moved and now I read this...

Personal issues and support is for people who want help. I'm not seeing where you're asking for any help or advice. What I do see is a rant, and we have a thread for that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Dancefortwo: thank you for your response. Unfortunately, atheists like you with what I see as integrity are few and far between.

the other atheists are overwhelming in numbers.
They feed into my anger issues and escalate the situation. It becomes a circle jerk and *we* are thriving off chaos.

I see them as narcissists thriving off those they see as weak, broken and needing attention. They're brick walls thriving off others who want to be understood and enjoy abuse by invalidation. Its all very sick and it only makes me more sick.

I have to get out of this arena where I can't have any hope . I realize my role in attracting the chaos to me while they refuse to realize I do have honesty about myself.

For them to get into a personal care section and voice their opinions that continue to berate me is another example of the atrocities of fundamental atheism. I give up on finding a safe place to talk to other atheists.

There are atheists I can relate to and those would be anti fundamentalist atheists.
02-03-2017, 02:02 PM
(02-03-2017 01:56 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Dancefortwo: thank you for your response. Unfortunately, atheists like you with what I see as integrity are few and far between.

They feed into my anger issues and escalate the situation. It becomes a circle jerk and *we* are thriving off chaos.

I see them as narcissists thriving off those they see as weak, broken and needing attention. They're brick walls thriving off others who want to be understood and enjoy abuse by invalidation. Its all very sick and it only makes me more sick.

I have to get out of this arena where I can't have any hope . I realize my role in attracting the chaos to me while they refuse to realize I do have honesty about myself.

For them to get into a personal care section and voice their opinions that continue to berate me is another example of the atrocities of fundamental atheism. I give up on finding a safe place to talk to other atheists.

There are atheists I can relate to and those would be anti fundamentalist atheists.

Divide and conquer. Cute!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-03-2017, 02:05 PM
The code of conduct applies to everyone, including the people who begin posts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-03-2017, 02:10 PM
(02-03-2017 01:56 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Dancefortwo: thank you for your response. Unfortunately, atheists like you with what I see as integrity are few and far between.

I'm not a professional but it seems like your anger might be more than just atheism and facebook problems. There might be something going on personally that is coloring your life and the result is a lot of anger. Therapy might be a good option.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post