RE: code of conduct for this section? What a joke
Thread moved

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 02:49 PM
Geekgroupie, I'm sorry your introduction to the forums wasn't the greatest experience, but please try to understand why everyone reacted the way they did. Your post came off as the typical-fundie-taking-a-dig-at-atheists-drive-by post . I understand that you forgot to check back, but because of that it only cemented this view. I'm not sure what else they were supposed to see you as.

Granted the jabs made weren't necessary, but consider the first impression you gave.

Now, all that said, I think you're a bit wrong about the majority of atheists being assholes--you're bound to run into far more on the internet, of course, but I can guarantee most atheists are decent people. Even here you've seen many who first derided your OP turn around, apologize, and tried to start over. I think that says a lot, but your outbursts at those who tried to explain themselves were IMO unwarranted. And it's only justified those who disagree with you.

You became very abusive. That is why the original thread was moved.

We want to help you, and will, if you let us, and stop abusing us.

Though for now I think the best thing for you would be to take a break from social media--it's obviously doing you no good--and seek professional help. I myself speak with a therapist for anxiety, and it has helped so much.

I hope you can find peace Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
02-03-2017, 02:51 PM
And she's gone.
I better learn how to face it.
She's gone
She'll be the devil to replace
She's gone
What went wrong?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post