communion, eucharist and familial harmony anxiety
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: communion, eucharist and familial harmony anxiety
(15-08-2012 01:27 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 09:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Regarding communion specifically, as a former Catholic myself, I do know it's considered a sin by that faith to receive communion if you have any mortal sins on your soul. If you no longer believe in their god and are not honoring and worshiping him, that would certainly qualify. So, out of respect for their faith, it would be best not to receive communion and that is how you could explain it to them as well.

Since he doesn't want to out himself as an atheist, would it be OK to cop to something less objectionable, such as buggering little boys? That would explain not taking communion but avoid revealing his atheism.

Not receiving the Eucharist is a completely acceptable thing to do. In my opinion, more Catholics should be excusing themselves from communion because of numerous reasons, the most common of which should be "I have committed a mortal sin and have not gone to Confession yet" or something along those lines. Excusing yourself from receiving is very easy. You don't even have to go into reasons why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Farmer88's post