constructive argument?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2016, 04:42 PM
constructive argument?????
I was pondering why arguments have to be so destructive now of days. I mean when most people are "arguing" they are ether trying to prove a point or they are having a fight. that saddens me because I think that an argument can be constructive I thought being a debate. for example...{with out going into to much detail}.. I had this concelor named harry Thompson and we used to argue but usaly what would happen is I'd ask him a question and he would give me what he thought and his opinion. I might from here counter point but this would lead to a argument. a positive one where we were having fun.

I think that has been lost over time especially on the internet. what do you think. have we lost this fine art or is it just me. btw my formula for what constitutes a constructive argument is below...

one part being able to speak your mid regardless of disagreement.. one part problem solving minus the need for a solution. plus more for the enjoyment of the conversatino itself plus a need for opinion and meaning.
p.s. It's not complete but its a work in progress.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: constructive argument?????
I have to agree. It's because people end up taking opposing arguments to be criticism of their person.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-02-2016, 01:19 AM
I think that for debate to be constructive both sides must be equally or nearly equally matched in terms of intelligence and views of both disputants shouldn't be ideologically backed but based on facts. Use pro lifers as example - how can you argue with someone thinking that abortion is murder?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Some people take the idea that they're "wrong" a little too seriously, as though it's worst thing in the world.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post