cooking with cheese

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 03:48 PM
cooking with cheese
So I failed to plan for dinner yesterday and found myself rifling through the fridge. I had some leftover chicken breast, some pesto, mushrooms and some blue cheese (I bought that when I got inspired by the recent Mark/cheese thread Smile )

This is still the season when I always have all kinds of fresh stuff from the veggie garden available. So, I took a bowl, put the mushrooms and some squash in it, poured a little white wine from my glass over it Smile , then a layer of chicken topped with pesto, and on top of that a layer of crumbled blue cheese.

I covered it and popped it in the micro for a few.

It was positively delicious. I had never cooked with Blue cheese before but now I am going on a spree! Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-09-2013, 04:14 PM
RE: cooking with cheese
(25-09-2013 03:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  So I failed to plan for dinner yesterday and found myself rifling through the fridge. I had some leftover chicken breast, some pesto, mushrooms and some blue cheese (I bought that when I got inspired by the recent Mark/cheese thread Smile )

This is still the season when I always have all kinds of fresh stuff from the veggie garden available. So, I took a bowl, put the mushrooms and some squash in it, poured a little white wine from my glass over it Smile , then a layer of chicken topped with pesto, and on top of that a layer of crumbled blue cheese.

It was positively delicious. I had never cooked with Blue cheese before but now I am going on a spree! Drooling

Sadly, I seem to be allergic to bleu cheeses. They're tasty, but I get breathing and stomach problems when I try them.

So, you'll need to provide me with vicarious enjoyment. Big Grin Tell me more about you chicken/veggie/pesto adventure!

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
25-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Sounds good. Too bad my wife hates pesto.

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
25-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Try scrambled eggs with ham, pineapple, cheddar and a touch of honey. Hawaiian style..YUM.

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
25-09-2013, 04:24 PM
(25-09-2013 04:14 PM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Sounds good. Too bad my wife hates pesto.

I bet tomato sauce or any gravy will do just fine. The blue cheese will dominate it.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-09-2013, 04:25 PM
(25-09-2013 04:14 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 03:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  So I failed to plan for dinner yesterday and found myself rifling through the fridge. I had some leftover chicken breast, some pesto, mushrooms and some blue cheese (I bought that when I got inspired by the recent Mark/cheese thread Smile )

Sadly, I seem to be allergic to bleu cheeses. They're tasty, but I get breathing and stomach problems when I try them.

So, you'll need to provide me with vicarious enjoyment. Big Grin Tell me more about you chicken/veggie/pesto adventure!

Use Chevre instead?

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-09-2013, 05:28 PM
(25-09-2013 04:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Use Chevre instead?

All hail the goat. I love chevre. Heart

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
25-09-2013, 11:37 PM
you can put cheese on a cork and it would taste delicious Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
26-09-2013, 08:37 PM
(25-09-2013 03:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  I had never cooked with Blue cheese before but now I am going on a spree! Drooling

The only cheeseburgers I make for myself anymore are Roquefort burgers. Some blue cheeses are too hard to melt properly. Not Roquefort. Drooling

Breathing - it's more art than science.