couldn't early human evelution be used to argue againist veganism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 06:14 PM by kunoxian drive.)
couldn't early human evelution be used to argue againist veganism
I know what your thinking but your wrong.. i am not going to be using this next argument for the purposes of arguing against vegetarianism. the thing Is I want to see where these thoughts of mine lead me. what there ultimate conclusions are. what am I talking about. I am, talking about the fact that human evolution has one interesting argument against veterinarians. whether it be illogical is not the point here.

It goes.

human brains are what we use to feel impathy. if I remember right the reason we have such large brains is due to the human diet,... and thus you se the conundrum. human brains evolved due to meat eating. if I remember. I will be fact checking this tomorrow. thus what would happen if we stopped eating meat.... lol. like i said I just want to see where this argument leads.. nothing else.

p.s. I am putting another question on another post...it's another pondering of mine that is interesting.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: couldn't early human evelution be used to argue againist veganism
(14-07-2014 06:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I know what your thinking but your wrong.. i am not going to be using this next argument for the purposes of arguing against vegetarianism. the thing Is I want to see where these thoughts of mine lead me. what there ultimate conclusions are. what am I talking about. I am, talking about the fact that human evolution has one interesting argument against veterinarians. whether it be illogical is not the point here.

It goes.

human brains are what we use to feel impathy. if I remember right the reason we have such large brains is due to the human duet,... and thus you se the conundrum. human brains evolved due to meat eating. if I remember. I will be fact checking this tomorrow. thus what would happen if we stopped eating meat.... lol. like i said I just want to see where this argument leads.. nothing else.

As I understand it, a lot of the brain's development in our ancestors can be put down to meat, but there are other factors which were influenced by the diet shift from things like fruits to meats; the digestive tract, for instance.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-07-2014, 06:21 PM
dear free thought.. for once I feel like your not face palming when you read my work.. or is that just your avatar.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
14-07-2014, 06:27 PM
(14-07-2014 06:21 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  dear free thought.. for once I feel like your not face palming when you read my work.. or is that just your avatar.

There's not really anything to facepalm at here, to be honest. It's real stuff.... Even if it is in the philosophy section. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-07-2014, 07:33 PM
(14-07-2014 06:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I know what your thinking but your wrong.. i am not going to be using this next argument for the purposes of arguing against vegetarianism. the thing Is I want to see where these thoughts of mine lead me. what there ultimate conclusions are. what am I talking about. I am, talking about the fact that human evolution has one interesting argument against veterinarians. whether it be illogical is not the point here.

It goes.

human brains are what we use to feel impathy. if I remember right the reason we have such large brains is due to the human diet,... and thus you se the conundrum. human brains evolved due to meat eating. if I remember. I will be fact checking this tomorrow. thus what would happen if we stopped eating meat.... lol. like i said I just want to see where this argument leads.. nothing else.

p.s. I am putting another question on another post...it's another pondering of mine that is interesting.

I haven't known many vegetarians but all of the ones I have known were pale and sickly.

I don't want to argue with them though because that means more meat for me!

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
14-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Maybe vegetarians would evolve to be tiny people (as opposed to Little People). Smile

As much as I hate the way so many animals are treated, I could never be a vegetarian. I have a love affair with bacon and just can't help myself. I do try to buy humanely raised meat products whenever it's available. I also cook with shellfish a lot - I don't feel guilty when I eat shrimp, crab or crawfish. I also don't feel guilty eating free range chicken. While it bothers me to eat smart animals,I'd give up craft beer before I gave up bacon.

I actually have lot of food allergies: tree nuts, peanuts, fish, and as of the past 2 months avocados. I outgrew eggs, citrus fruits, and soy. It would be hard for me to get a healthy diet without consuming meat.

A lot of the meals I cook are vegetarian. I do the meatless monday in our house and make dishes like vegetarian red beans and rice... if its not monday, bring on the bacon grease, smoked ham hocks, and andouille sausage - my husband is from new orleans, gotta keep him happy and cook a more authentic version occasionally. Tonight was vegetarian quesadillas.

The typical American diet includes waaay too much meat. Our ancestors weren't eating pork chops or hamburger helper every night for dinner, our bodies aren't evolved for that either. It does mean job stability for me...
14-07-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2014 08:47 PM by kim.)
(14-07-2014 07:33 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I haven't known many vegetarians but all of the ones I have known were pale and sickly.

Do you refer to vegetarians or vegans as the title of the thread implies?
They are quite different.

Many who refer to themselves as vegetarian may not be quite as strict as one might suspect. Many "vegetarians" consume animal protein (milk/eggs), just not the flesh of animals. There are other vegetarians who often refer to themselves as pesca-tarians, meaning the only animal flesh they consume is from fish and other aquatic animals.

I eat cheese, yogurt, butter, eggs and every once in a while I'll have a taste of something from the ocean if I feel like it. However, I am primarily vegetarian and I'm quite robust. I've known a few vegans who seem a bit peaked but I have also known a few who seem very healthy. I just learned Weird Al Yankovich is vegan since the early 90s; who knew?

I think health might be individual and has a lot to do with how one deals with one's own body and it's specific needs.

As for the OP: herbivore vs. carnivore - the human brain and brain function continues to evolve and it may not be only the addition of meat to the diet which keeps it evolving. I read somewhere that the addition of iodine to table salt bumped up measurable IQ levels in a single generation. That might be something to research. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-07-2014, 08:45 PM
(14-07-2014 08:34 PM)Nurse Wrote:  ---
I have a love affair with bacon and just can't help myself.
---

Have you seen those molds to make bacon bowls? I think they are fucking cool! Smile

I could see them wrapped around all kinds of stuff.
I'm not into meat but I love cooking it for people who appreciate it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-07-2014, 08:54 PM
(14-07-2014 08:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:34 PM)Nurse Wrote:  ---
I have a love affair with bacon and just can't help myself.
---

Have you seen those molds to make bacon bowls? I think they are fucking cool! Smile

I could see them wrapped around all kinds of stuff.
I'm not into meat but I love cooking it for people who appreciate it. Shy

How did I not know about this?!?! OMG!!!! I know what I'm cooking this weekend!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-07-2014, 07:26 AM
(14-07-2014 08:39 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 07:33 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I haven't known many vegetarians but all of the ones I have known were pale and sickly.

Do you refer to vegetarians or vegans as the title of the thread implies?
They are quite different.

Many who refer to themselves as vegetarian may not be quite as strict as one might suspect. Many "vegetarians" consume animal protein (milk/eggs), just not the flesh of animals. There are other vegetarians who often refer to themselves as pesca-tarians, meaning the only animal flesh they consume is from fish and other aquatic animals.

I eat cheese, yogurt, butter, eggs and every once in a while I'll have a taste of something from the ocean if I feel like it. However, I am primarily vegetarian and I'm quite robust. I've known a few vegans who seem a bit peaked but I have also known a few who seem very healthy. I just learned Weird Al Yankovich is vegan since the early 90s; who knew?

I think health might be individual and has a lot to do with how one deals with one's own body and it's specific needs.

As for the OP: herbivore vs. carnivore - the human brain and brain function continues to evolve and it may not be only the addition of meat to the diet which keeps it evolving. I read somewhere that the addition of iodine to table salt bumped up measurable IQ levels in a single generation. That might be something to research. Thumbsup

Admittedly my experience with vegetarians is small. I worked with two vegans and they were the ones who were pale and always sick. I went to college with some vegetarians and they would eat eggs and milk. On Girl would always tease me about eating meat but only in fun. She would always ask for the vegetarian pizza in the lunch line and give me a significant look. I would then ask for the carnivarian pizza and smile.

I didn't know that about pescatarians. That's interesting.

Have you ever heard of Quinoa (pronounced Keenwa). I love that stuff. They are starting to grow that in our area and I bought some from the farm that grows it. It is highly nutritious.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick