couldn't early human evelution be used to argue againist veganism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: couldn't early human evelution be used to argue againist veganism
I tend to just do a quick google search for one of those cases where a vegan woman accidently starved a baby to death because her breast milk was nutrient deficient and link that to them instead of bothering to argue properly. I don't usually bother having in depth arguments with people who accuse me of being a sociopath for keeping my own livestock.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Quote:people who accuse me of being a sociopath for keeping my own livestock.

As long as you just eat them what's the harm?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-10-2014, 10:31 AM
I would say that the modern human digestive system is an argument against vegenism. But I could be wrong..
13-11-2014, 03:07 PM
I think the best argument against veganism is the one I use: The deliciousness of a well marbled, medium-rare delmonico steak hot off the grill. Yummm!
[+] 2 users Like TreeSapNest's post
13-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Evelution

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
13-11-2014, 04:13 PM
(13-11-2014 03:07 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  I think the best argument against veganism is the one I use: The deliciousness of a well marbled, medium-rare delmonico steak hot off the grill. Yummm!

You make a meaty argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2014, 04:25 PM
(14-07-2014 06:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I am, talking about the fact that human evolution has one interesting argument against veterinarians.

veterinarians? Laughat

I don't think it makes sense to use our evolutionary history to argue for or against vegetarianism or veganism. The issues are the health consequences, if any, and the morality of killing other animals for food. How we got where we are is interesting but where we go from here is not dependent on that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-11-2014, 04:29 PM
(13-11-2014 03:12 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Evelution

Yeah. It's like evolution, but for the Eve lineage alone.

(13-11-2014 04:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 06:02 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I am, talking about the fact that human evolution has one interesting argument against veterinarians.

veterinarians? Laughat

I don't think it makes sense to use our evolutionary history to argue for or against vegetarianism or veganism. The issues are the health consequences, if any, and the morality of killing other animals for food. How we got where we are is interesting but where we go from here is not dependent on that.

I think it does have some bearing on the matter when there are some vegans around who like to claim that humans aren't meant to eat meat...

Besides, I'd rather deal with that then 'ethics' questions...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-11-2014, 05:04 PM
(13-11-2014 04:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  there are some vegans around who like to claim that humans aren't meant to eat meat...

Meant by whom? Biologically we are obviously equipped to handle a diet of meat so nature/evolution/whatever obviously allowed for it. Historically we have eaten meat for quite a long time now, as did the species we evolved from. To say we aren't "meant" to eat meat makes no sense to me.

Quote:Besides, I'd rather deal with that then 'ethics' questions...

Me too, since the biology of it is easy. Thumbsup
The morality of it is much less clear. I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I do see value in the moral arguments against meat.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-11-2014, 05:27 PM
(13-11-2014 05:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-11-2014 04:29 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  there are some vegans around who like to claim that humans aren't meant to eat meat...

Meant by whom? Biologically we are obviously equipped to handle a diet of meat so nature/evolution/whatever obviously allowed for it. Historically we have eaten meat for quite a long time now, as did the species we evolved from. To say we aren't "meant" to eat meat makes no sense to me.

Quote:Besides, I'd rather deal with that then 'ethics' questions...

Me too, since the biology of it is easy. Thumbsup
The morality of it is much less clear. I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I do see value in the moral arguments against meat.

There are a few who claim humans aren't meant to eat meat, but I haven't seen any implication that such was the desire of a 'whom', but rather it comes from a misunderstanding of human biology making them think meat consumption is unnatural.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post