creation, how many version have we seen for far of the same thing ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2014, 10:30 AM
creation, how many version have we seen for far of the same thing ?
creation is NOT science, it fall in the category of Non-science
evolution is backed by decades of scientific data and creationists ignore it

just watch Penn & teller's show (link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hs3Y1HnjI

this video shows how much spin is involved, just listen to it and you'll start wondering if your eyes and ears and properly working

also even if they prove evolution is wrong, then it still wouldn't prove creation is right, there are still different religions that have their own version of how everything came into being
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: creation, how many version have we seen for far of the same thing ?
Welcome, Ace.

You are forgetting that evolution is all part of god(s)'s plan.

Now, smoke me a kipper, I'll be back before morning.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-06-2014, 11:52 AM
My creation myth involves Galactus. He's one of the few if not only being I know of who survived the end of a universe and now appears in a new universe.

He causes all kinds of trouble. Might as well be the cause of a new universe.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Every theist - past, present, and future - has a different idea about creation. So, technically, the number of creation myths is equal to the number of theists.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
08-06-2014, 11:57 PM
(08-06-2014 12:06 PM)One Above All Wrote:  Every theist - past, present, and future - has a different idea about creation. So, technically, the number of creation myths is equal to the number of theists.

true but I'm talking about creationists trying to sneak in genesis by wearing lab coats
09-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Prior to the geological concept of Uniformitarianism and the Theory of Natural Selection, scientists believed fossils to be evidence of past creations. It was thought god experimented with and extinguished numerous rounds of creations before reaching perfection with the current one. "Trial and error" doesn't seem like something an omnipotent deity would fall prey to.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2014, 01:02 AM
The frauds in white lab coats have repeatedly been defeated. Dover, PA, etc, etc, etc.

It's a non-issue, even though they keep trying. They will never get past the fact that it is unconstitutional to elevate their religion over others.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
(08-06-2014 10:30 AM)Ace Wrote:  also even if they prove evolution is wrong, then it still wouldn't prove creation is right, there are still different religions that have their own version of how everything came into being

It's telling of their world view. They "know" creationism is correct and they don't feel the need to prove it. To them, evolution is an attack on their world view, and it must be stopped. Also, I know a non-zero number of creationists who view Christians who accept evolution as people who will soon become atheist. They cannot wrap their heads around a non-Bible-literal view of the world, and when they see Christians abandoning literalist approaches, they see it as a weakening of The Church.

To many of them, this is a war that needs to be won. Facts and information are just collateral damage in all of this, caught in the crossfire.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
09-06-2014, 09:01 AM
(09-06-2014 07:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ... I know a non-zero number of creationists who view Christians who accept evolution as people who will soon become atheist.

They may not be that far off the mark. This is partly what happened to me back in the 1970s. Reading people like Nietzsche and Bertrand Russell also helped push me in that direction, but evolution (and science in general) was a big part of it.

I actually have some sympathy with Biblical literalists -- because once you realize that the Bible is completely wrong about scientific things, and full of errors and inconsistencies in general, it's hard to continue thinking of it as "the Word of God"; and if it's not the word of God, Judaism and Christianity are just as wacky as all the other religions. I don't see how anyone can be a serious Christian without being a Biblical literalist. Of course, if a person actually reads the Bible (all of it), I don't see how they can view God as someone deserving of worship, but that's a different issue.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
10-06-2014, 11:55 PM
I think these creationists just need to be constantly reminded on how they ought to teach all controversies and ideas of creation. Bring out the world ontop for the cosmic turtle talks, that all life sprang from giants tears/the great Yggdrasil tree, or that feathered serpent created all that exists. There's a whole lot of creation versions in the worlds memory.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson