creationism being taught in school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 03:41 AM
creationism being taught in school.
My mom and a close friend was adamant About creationism being taught along side evolution. It bugged me do I went to work looking for things to back up why its not taught and sent them both links.

My mom finally said after some back and forth that parents should teach all the science for creationism. Umm a step I guess.

But my friend said something that I don't quite get. She did admit that creationism is not science but wished evolution would be presented in an unbiased way. I'm not understanding how any kind of science can be presented in a bias way? Am I missing something?

I did let them both know tha if religion is taught in school it opens the door for all other religions to be taught as well then we'd have no time for real academics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
12-08-2015, 03:51 AM
RE: creationism being taught in school.
They clearly do not know what evolution is.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-08-2015, 03:56 AM
(12-08-2015 03:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  They clearly do not know what evolution is.

Nope i know my mom doesnt but when i talk to her she will let you know she knows more then you think she does. But when you start talking to her you can clearly tell she doesnt.

But my friend should and i believe she understands more but choosing to ignore.
12-08-2015, 05:24 AM
Evolution is a very scary thing for fundamentalists. If God didn't created humans and animals as they are now, that means that the Bible can contain falsehood and not just about some minor details and mistranslation. It could then be wrong about a lot of important things. This means that «the word of God» might be unknown to them or worst that they might have fallen prey to deception (questioning the existence of God is so alien to them that it will take more for them to come to that point). What your friend wants is that evolution must be presented as the tool of God and not a natural process that doesn't require him. She wants to be reassured in her faith in God by having natural processes working for him, according to his will instead of independently of his existence. God is supposed to be the master of reality. If he doesn't control it and use it, he isn't the master.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
12-08-2015, 05:30 AM
"Unbiased evolution" would be evolution guided by god I guess. So in essence your friend think that schools should propagate fairy tales.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-08-2015, 05:39 AM
You might have fun by enthusiastically supporting the Mormon creation myth or the Muslim creation myth being taught in school. I'm betting she wouldn't be too thrilled by that. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-08-2015, 05:52 AM
(12-08-2015 03:41 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My mom finally said after some back and forth that parents should teach all the science for creationism.

I don't think she realises that if they did that, the class would just be an awkward period of the educating parent not saying anything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-08-2015, 06:31 AM
(12-08-2015 05:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 03:41 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  My mom finally said after some back and forth that parents should teach all the science for creationism.

I don't think she realises that if they did that, the class would just be an awkward period of the educating parent not saying anything.
Ha ha with my mom she couldn't do it. Mom can't wrap her head around science so she would fumble and hew haw around.
Dad would pretend he knew what he was talking about then starting reading the bible. Lmao
15-08-2015, 11:16 PM
A person’s decision to either become or remain religious is usually an emotional one. Fear of losing one’s social circle, fear of eternal damnation, fear of disappointing one’s family, and fear of raising one’s children in an increasingly godless (seemingly immoral) world are all powerful motivators to people who want the security and comfort of a religion which tells them that everything will be okay. People who are religious are not necessarily trained critical thinkers, so they’re operating from a totally different position from that which scientists are operating. Scientists are trained to remove the passion and objectivity in order to drill down to the purest form of truth.

Religious people, being passionate people, assume that their world-view is the default setting for all humans. Isn’t that what everyone assumes? They assume that scientists are emotionally attached to their findings. They assume that scientists have created an “evolution dogma,” and that continued science exists only to perpetuate that dogma.

When a scientist tells them that the evidence found to date points to the possibility of the world being some 15 billion years old, religious people respond in the only way that they know how; emotionally. They’re threatened and they’re on the defensive. They’re operating on passion and fear and assume that their “opponent” is operating on the same basis.

Really their arguments expose their own, weak positions. They expose their insecurity and their lack of understanding about more worldly matters. It’s kind of sad, really, but it’s not their fault.

Teachers are really fighting an uphill battle, but I’m sure once the seeds of critical thinking are planted many will take root and flourish. They already are.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
17-08-2015, 08:33 AM
(12-08-2015 05:39 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You might have fun by enthusiastically supporting the Mormon creation myth or the Muslim creation myth being taught in school. I'm betting she wouldn't be too thrilled by that. Laugh out load
Let's be fair. The Scientologists should get equal time.

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post