creationism being taught in school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: creationism being taught in school.
(12-08-2015 03:41 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  But my friend said something that I don't quite get. She did admit that creationism is not science but wished evolution would be presented in an unbiased way. I'm not understanding how any kind of science can be presented in a bias way? Am I missing something?

No. Creationism is not science. There is no evidence in its favor. Evolution is presented in an unbiased way.

Your mother and your friend are simply wrong.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2015, 06:08 PM
(17-08-2015 12:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 03:41 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  But my friend said something that I don't quite get. She did admit that creationism is not science but wished evolution would be presented in an unbiased way. I'm not understanding how any kind of science can be presented in a bias way? Am I missing something?

No. Creationism is not science. There is no evidence in its favor. Evolution is presented in an unbiased way.

Your mother and your friend are simply wrong.

B... But bacterial flagellum!
And it all looks designed!
Creationism just isn't allowed in by the science mafia running the major publications!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-08-2015, 02:29 PM
(17-08-2015 06:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  B... But bacterial flagellum!
Creationism just isn't allowed in by the science mafia running the major publications!
Well, the designer it is a terrible engineer.

Take my teeth for example. Why do I only get two sets per lifetime, the first set is gone by age 10, while a shark gets as many replacements as it needs?

And then there's hemorrhoids. Didn't he think to do a stress analysis on blood vessels? (Pun intended.)

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
24-08-2015, 03:48 PM
(20-08-2015 02:29 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 06:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  B... But bacterial flagellum!
Well, the designer it is a terrible engineer.

Take my teeth for example. Why do I only get two sets per lifetime, the first set is gone by age 10, while a shark gets as many replacements as it needs?

And then there's hemorrhoids. Didn't he think to do a stress analysis on blood vessels? (Pun intended.)

Mysterious ways!
You're just too blind to see it!
Take us seriously!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I've heard a lot of Christians claim that they have no problem accepting both Christianity and evolution... that is until I explain to them what speciation actually is, and how "kind" is not a real term in biology. Rolleyes

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post