crucial question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2011, 02:53 AM

crucial question
i have very simple question but i couldnt find any satisfactory answer.Can you help me?

"who was the first atheist?" (i thought this human must be from first religion time and i know first religion was believing the sun as god.)
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2011, 06:41 AM
RE: crucial question
Chances are whoever it was wouldn't have any kind of recorded history.

Given the level of persecution that religious people have carried out against non believers and even fellow believers it's unlikely many if any people would have spoken out against religion even if they didn't follow one.

Sorry I've not really answered your question. Hopefully another member can shed some light on it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Don't count on that sun god; he's probably a latecomer. Remember, before any kind of recorded history or mythology, there was maybe 30,000 years of many oral traditions, with no records, and even the dwellings and totems of those ancestors were made of organic materials, scattered across the continents, and so have left very little trace.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
13-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Moses. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2011, 10:12 AM
The first human.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
13-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm with lucradis. The first human was also the first atheist. Then s/he got freaked out by some thunder or something, and made up a fantasy to comfort him/herself.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
13-11-2011, 10:47 AM
There was no "first human," you... atheists. Tongue

There was a whole buncha Cro-Magnon who got themselves reclassified into modern humans. Big Grin

That's evolution, that's emergence; thoughts of "firsts" lead to a causal simplification that is simply incorrect. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
13-11-2011, 10:50 AM
So... if the thing in that egg was the first chicken, what was the bird that laid that last egg?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
13-11-2011, 10:53 AM
...and I have no doubt that nearly everyone on this forum understands evolution to a degree that they know there was no "first human". The problem I so often see is that people these days can't wrap their heads around simplified descriptions without picking them apart for "mistakes" when really, if they don't get that those "mistakes' are just simplified ways of explaining something, the last thing they should be doing is discussing the emergence of religion.

It's a simplified explination. Simply put.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-11-2011, 10:54 AM
(13-11-2011 10:50 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  So... if the thing in that egg was the first chicken, what was the bird that laid that last egg?

A dinosaur very close to the tipping point.
Well that’s a feasible possibility anyway.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post