dead to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: dead to me
Yup, you will go through the grieving process when you leave religion... grieving for a fragment and idea of something that never existed. You will get to a place that is less emotional, or at least doesn't throw you as much and as often.

My sister works in CICU and absolutely loves it. She moved into an educator position based off the unit and is doing fun research and finds her life pretty rewarding now. We all have bad days at work for whatever reasons and intensities, but it's important to have an overall feeling of accomplishment, too (just babbling, I'm sure you know Smile ).

Welcome to the forum!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Glad to have you nurse.

When people believe in god they build their whole world around him. God is in everything and every detail. When you let go of all that it takes some time restructure your entire worldview. It takes a tremendous amount of courage to do that, and sometimes it will be hard.

It is definitely better though. For the wonderful reasons you gave in your posts, and for many more.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
29-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Well said!

Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I feel ya. My deconversion mood swings lasted almost a year. Whoop!

I remember crying, sobbing, screaming, beating my pillow... Asking "Please help! I want to believe if you're real!"

Nothing. No reply. No response or confirmation of any kind. Losing faith can be terrifying. I was depressed and frightened.

But the truth WILL make you free. It gets better.
[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
10-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I never did officially welcome you! Anyway, If you ever need helps or wanna chat. Just lemme know.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-10-2014, 12:09 PM
So sorry to hear of your pain. I hope you find the happiness you deserve.
14-10-2014, 12:27 PM
(14-10-2014 12:09 PM)tommymaughan Wrote:  So sorry to hear of your pain. I hope you find the happiness you deserve.

Thank you! It's getting better. I'm adjusting to my new world view. I used to have a god to reach out to in times of crisis and sorrow, now I reach out to new friends here and the people around me. So, yeah, it's getting better.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-10-2014, 01:26 PM
(14-10-2014 12:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I used to have a god to reach out to in times of crisis and sorrow, now I reach out to new friends here and the people around me.

And lo, now you actually get responses that you can use! And you can be sure you got them! Reality rocks!
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-11-2014, 12:18 PM
(26-06-2014 11:17 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I shouldn't be a grown woman re-experiencing grief over loved ones that died years ago, suffering through denial and never making it to acceptance. .

Your post struck a chord with me Nurse...specially the quoted part above. Your definately not alone in your feelings....

I should probably stop getting sidetracked reading and get to introductions
Smile

My Karma ran over your Dogma
- I have no clue who said it...I just think its funny
[+] 1 user Likes WhatWasIThinking's post
15-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Was that your first post Nurse?

Dreaming of meeting your beloved dead relatives is not delusional, it's human. I wouldn't "hate" (for lack of a better word) myself for that if I was you. You wanted to meet your biological father, I think there are a few things more "natural" than that. Really.

I think that the worst realization post-deconversion for me was death. When I realized I didn't have an afterlife anymore. Many atheists say that they don't mind it, I personally disagree (and that goes to show that we're all different on many issues). I don't like ceasing to exist, I like to live and to experience stuff. But the universe doesn't care about what I want. Tongue I'm kind of hoping that we get to be ghosts. At least we can scare somebody on Halloween (and the rest of the year).

In any case, I'm also available if you want to have a chat. Even to talk about whatever just to distract yourself. Big Grin I think that talking is a good therapy of the mind. I'm sure you have friends IRL and on here too, but well, just so you know.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]