dear family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 07:34 PM
dear family
I actually really am tired of the passive aggressive way my family tries to get me to become christian. they seem to have the idea if they just offer it to me I'll believe it. one of my uncles have done this.... and said you will see things right when you believe. but the worst offender happens to be my dad.. he says.. "you don't have tto pick up the religion but you can and I would like it if you did." he also says thats it just a way of morality that people chose to live by.... he has offered it a few times and after his surgery if he asks. I actually got a good comeback.... my dad will offer and I will say.. "that's ok I'll just be a wiccan then." if he just shrugs it off I will be fine but if he is all up in arms I got a couple of questions...

a. if you want me to live be "religion" then why can't I be a wiccan.. It's a great morale system to live by...
b. If I can'tr be wiccan then do I have to be christian...
C. If I have to pick up Christianity as a religion then why. I mean there are many morality systems that aren't Christianity... why Christianity...
D. If I got to be christian by your idea of me then you don't care what I believe you just want me to be a puppet clone of you and if not then why offer.. why not just let things be.
what do you guys think..... I think its a good plan after the surgery when he recovers....

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kunoxian drive's post
28-01-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: dear family
(28-01-2016 07:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I actually really am tired of the passive aggressive way my family tries to get me to become christian. they seem to have the idea if they just offer it to me I'll believe it. one of my uncles have done this....

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-01-2016, 07:59 PM
(28-01-2016 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 07:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I actually really am tired of the passive aggressive way my family tries to get me to become christian. they seem to have the idea if they just offer it to me I'll believe it. one of my uncles have done this....

i have no clue what that was about but it was hillariiiiouuusss...

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
28-01-2016, 08:35 PM
(28-01-2016 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
28-01-2016, 08:36 PM
The Dude abides. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Ask him the following questions

"Which version of the bible did god write ?"
"Name anything that, Jesus himself, wrote down."
"If you saw a family member about to be murdered and you had a choice of you stopping it or letting god stop it, what would you do ?"

"When you stop someone from being harmed, that would seem to mean that you KNOW that there is no god that can stop someone from being harmed and that is why you act, because you know that YOUR actions are the truth. Anything else is a lie."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
29-01-2016, 09:18 AM
ask him to consider why he needs to believe in a book of fairy tales in order to have morals. sounds like hes the one that needs to do some ''soul searching''
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post