debating my dad or should I say him putting his fingers in his ears

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2015, 03:15 AM
debating my dad or should I say him putting his fingers in his ears
I was talking about thr info I have been reading and that my thinking is that there is no God or jesus. So anyway he looks at me and says 'you can't believe everything you read'. I just stopped and was shocked taken back and just shook my head and left. Then afterwards I was like why didn't I say 'neither should you' but I didnt. Now though the next time he does I will be prepared with all the crap the bible says. Smile thanks for the info and idea to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: debating my dad or should I say him putting his fingers in his ears
Well, he's right. You shouldn't. Question everything.

That said, I'm pretty sure he makes an exception for the bible.

Debating your dad isn't likely to get you much. Other than a headache and hurt feelings.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-01-2015, 11:36 PM
(23-01-2015 04:08 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You shouldn't. Question everything.

Cool! Since you shouldn't question everything, don't question the bible and just believe like they tell you too, Oh and if someone tells you that they are the prince if nigeria and they are your relative and need you to give them your bank account numbers, mothers maiden name, address, social security number, phone number, full name, date of birth and a copy of your birth certificate so they can wire you your inheritance money.

Don't question that either.

As for the debate itself. Depending on the severity and nature of the arguments you have and whether or not your parent is a fundamentalist, you will probably be wasting your time with them.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-01-2015, 12:08 AM
(25-01-2015 11:36 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 04:08 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You shouldn't. Question everything.
Cool! Since you shouldn't question everything

Er... That isn't what I said.

You shouldn't (believe everything you read).
<Full Stop>
Question everything.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
26-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Normally they start because of something dad watched on tv. No they don't go to church haven't in a very long time. However mom said she doesn't believe everything in science. Lol