desert island twist???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 05:30 PM
desert island twist???
i heard a certain question asked may times. if you were to be exiled to a desert island what would you bring but i find that it's ether asked in such a way to limit or be unlimited. so not very realistic. in real life they would have to be human. for example if there was such was such a great need to put you on such an island.. it couldn't be a legal one thus I think they would have to treat you humanly... so the next set of seems to be more realistic...

possibility one- so your being sent to a dessert island... you get all you basic needs met but. you nly get to keep 5 hobbies. for every hobby you chose it will be taken care of.i.e. if you like facebook games you will be provided face book. but be clear of what you pick. ie if you pick rpg's you can play table top games but if you pick video games. then you can't play board games.

that is the question I wan to ask you guys. the thing is it still is't realistic.. so the next question is. if of some reason you did have to go to a dessert island. exiled form all countries. how do you think that would play out.. what options would you think would be afforded someone who has to be away from civilization.. for whatever reason.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: desert island twist???
So 5 hobbies on an exiled desert island:

1. yoga mat
2. my laptop with ability to charge it and internet connection
3. hiking boots
4. kickboxing bag
5. gun

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-03-2016, 05:44 PM
(28-03-2016 05:30 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  i heard a certain question asked may times. if you were to be exiled to a desert island what would you bring but i find that it's ether asked in such a way to limit or be unlimited. so not very realistic. in real life they would have to be human. for example if there was such was such a great need to put you on such an island.. it couldn't be a legal one thus I think they would have to treat you humanly... so the next set of seems to be more realistic...

possibility one- so your being sent to a dessert island... you get all you basic needs met but. you nly get to keep 5 hobbies. for every hobby you chose it will be taken care of.i.e. if you like facebook games you will be provided face book. but be clear of what you pick. ie if you pick rpg's you can play table top games but if you pick video games. then you can't play board games.

that is the question I wan to ask you guys. the thing is it still is't realistic.. so the next question is. if of some reason you did have to go to a dessert island. exiled form all countries. how do you think that would play out.. what options would you think would be afforded someone who has to be away from civilization.. for whatever reason.
1) Art supplies, as many as possible for painting, drawing and sculpture.
2) Musical instruments- guitar, piano, lots of nice strings and tons of sheet music
3) Books, books and more books- an entire library
4)kiln and wheel and lots of clay
5)laptop, wifi, and a computer expert to repair it- a handsome, sexy one Big Grin

If someone had to be away from civilization, there would not be a lot of free time for me to do much at all- so I think the pottery making may be useful for holding food supplies, and water- so pottery making may still make a little sense...depending on where I was and what I needed. I would still want a guitar and strings and sheet music! And would love a pad of fine paper and drawing supplies!

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
28-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Give me a guitar, blank notebooks and Bic pens, and wood-working tools. I'll keep myself entertained at that point.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-03-2016, 05:56 PM
(28-03-2016 05:44 PM)carol Wrote:  1) Art supplies, as many as possible for painting, drawing and sculpture.
2) Musical instruments- guitar, piano, lots of nice strings and tons of sheet music
5)laptop, wifi, and a computer expert to repair it- a handsome, sexy one Big Grin
I was falling for you until the sexy requirement. Smile

But I'd send you bristol (smooth and vellum, maybe even the two-sided kind), hot and cold press, and--to be freaky--toned paper. With graphite sticks!
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
28-03-2016, 06:00 PM
1. internet/computer stuff{mancan't live without hot and cold running internet}
2. otaku stuff
3. gaming
4. books=writing and reading
5. music=both playing and listening

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
28-03-2016, 06:20 PM
(28-03-2016 05:56 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 05:44 PM)carol Wrote:  1) Art supplies, as many as possible for painting, drawing and sculpture.
I was falling for you until the sexy requirement. Smile

But I'd send you bristol (smooth and vellum, maybe even the two-sided kind), hot and cold press, and--to be freaky--toned paper. With graphite sticks!

Your bristol meets the sexy requirements for me! Ummm, nice paper....and graphite- you are a sexual god....I will draw you, we shall sing the songs of our people, and then read! Hot, yes? Sounds like a wonderful day...Big GrinHeart

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
28-03-2016, 06:26 PM
1. Sex
2. Intercontinental ballistic missile launching
3. News watching
4. 3 gun competition
5. Xbox

'Murican Canadian
28-03-2016, 06:31 PM
(28-03-2016 06:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  1. Sex
3. News watching
4. 3 gun competition
5. Xbox

But Kunoxian said basic needs were met, so I'm assuming that includes sex. If not, I want to change my answer Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-03-2016, 06:34 PM
(28-03-2016 06:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 06:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  1. Sex
3. News watching
4. 3 gun competition
5. Xbox

But Kunoxian said basic needs were met, so I'm assuming that includes sex. If not, I want to change my answer Laugh out load

I don't have it now and I'm perfectly sane, so it must not be a need. Evil_monsterHobo

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post