detriments of religion in my life-PTW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: detriments of religion in my life-PTW
I'm sorry you're experiencing so much stress. Possibly you'll be in this kind of situation until you're through with college and living on your own, and I hope you manage to stay relatively okay until you reach that point. I do think you should keep looking for a therapist or counselor to help you process your distress in a way that doesn't hurt you. Thinking long-term might be helpful: in just a few years, you'll be able to get away...but to do that, you'll want to be at your strongest and healthiest--and you know that it's going to take time to build yourself up to that point. That's one reason (maybe) to look beyond the self-soothing/control pattern that you're stuck in.

I can relate a bit: although I went to college several hundred miles away from my relatives, they still had their hooks in my psyche, and it took me some years of self-destructive behaviors to stop living against them and start living for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
01-03-2017, 09:49 PM
RE: detriments of religion in my life-PTW
(01-03-2017 04:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I'm sorry you're experiencing so much stress. Possibly you'll be in this kind of situation until you're through with college and living on your own, and I hope you manage to stay relatively okay until you reach that point. I do think you should keep looking for a therapist or counselor to help you process your distress in a way that doesn't hurt you. Thinking long-term might be helpful: in just a few years, you'll be able to get away...but to do that, you'll want to be at your strongest and healthiest--and you know that it's going to take time to build yourself up to that point. That's one reason (maybe) to look beyond the self-soothing/control pattern that you're stuck in.

I can relate a bit: although I went to college several hundred miles away from my relatives, they still had their hooks in my psyche, and it took me some years of self-destructive behaviors to stop living against them and start living for me.

oh yeah. i'm no stranger to self-destruction. sometimes i feel doomed and it's really frustrating i think i should get an evaluation done
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply