did I do the right thing here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 06:24 PM
did I do the right thing here
was talking to one of my cousins who doesn't know where they stand on religion/i there a god debate.... what I told her to do is read the bible but don't tell anyone your doing it... just while you do it just ask yourself one question is this moral.... I did this because I tire of people trying to make other people a mental clone of themselves. what do think.... this way she will make up her own mind on the subject.... did I do good.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: did I do the right thing here
I don't see anything particularly wrong here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-09-2015, 06:27 PM
The bible is the best atheist creating book on the planet....one just has to read it without god goggles and the blindfold of faith on.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
24-09-2015, 06:31 PM
ty guys. I can be happy for now.

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
24-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I told the same to my religious friend. She hasn't done it yet, but I have hope.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-09-2015, 07:55 PM
(24-09-2015 06:24 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  was talking to one of my cousins who doesn't know where they stand on religion/i there a god debate.... what I told her to do is read the bible but don't tell anyone your doing it... just while you do it just ask yourself one question is this moral.... I did this because I tire of people trying to make other people a mental clone of themselves. what do think.... this way she will make up her own mind on the subject.... did I do good.

I think you did just fine. You made a suggestion to look at the Bible for herself. You didn't try to tell her what to think, just to make up her own mind. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-09-2015, 07:59 PM
epic...XD.... lol.

24-09-2015, 08:31 PM
If the bible was a newly written book, never been published, I don't think a publisher would touch it. They'd send it back for a massive rewrite or slip it into the garbage can.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post