RE: dinosaur tail found preserved in amber
Cool story...Who's Amber?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
09-12-2016, 09:15 AM
So.Freaking.Awesome.

Honestly, this world is just amazing. Why do people look to gods for miracles? Nature and science are so miraculous!!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
09-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Probably one of the greatest discoveries in history. They were able to distinguish color and determine it was feathered. That is incredible. I have seen the more recent theories of dinosaurs being feathered and it always conflicted in my brain. Seeing the T-Rex drawings with elaborate plumage took away the scary factor. Makes it look like a big chicken. But now? Maybe that theory is correct.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-12-2016, 11:29 AM
(09-12-2016 11:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Probably one of the greatest discoveries in history. They were able to distinguish color and determine it was feathered. That is incredible. I have seen the more recent theories of dinosaurs being feathered and it always conflicted in my brain. Seeing the T-Rex drawings with elaborate plumage took away the scary factor. Makes it look like a big chicken. But now? Maybe that theory is correct.

[Image: tyrannosaurus_on_a_watering_hole_by_dami...ane4wn.jpg]

Tell me this isn't absolutely terrifying Tongue

And asdfghjkl those feathers in that amber look like they'd be so soft! I want a coelurosaur now Big Grin

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
09-12-2016, 11:57 AM
There also seems to be a bug that got stuck in the amber. Looks like an ant.

[Image: dino-1.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-12-2016, 12:12 PM
(09-12-2016 11:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There also seems to be a bug that got stuck in the amber. Looks like an ant.

[Image: dino-1.jpg]

That would make TWO huge finds in one piece of amber. According to my Encyclopedia the oldest known ant fossil is 92 million years old. This piece is 99 million years old.

09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
(09-12-2016 11:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Probably one of the greatest discoveries in history. They were able to distinguish color and determine it was feathered. That is incredible. I have seen the more recent theories of dinosaurs being feathered and it always conflicted in my brain. Seeing the T-Rex drawings with elaborate plumage took away the scary factor. Makes it look like a big chicken. But now? Maybe that theory is correct.

We already knew they had feathers from multiple sources, the most famous is from Germany, Archaeopteryx.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeopteryx

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-12-2016, 12:49 PM
(09-12-2016 12:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

We already knew they had feathers from multiple sources, the most famous is from Germany, Archaeopteryx.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeopteryx

Yes I am very aware of Archaeopteryx. I have a photo of one of the fossils in a frame. But Archaeopteryx had wings and distinctly more avian. I'm also aware that multiple facts point to feathers in Coelurosaurians, but those were feather impressions in the rock. This is the actual feathers. An absolutely amazing discovery.

09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I knows it's been said already. But even if we had a perfect sample of Dino blood, whatever we cloned would not be a Dino. It would be similar but not the same.

The only things I've heard that are on the table are mammoths, carrier pigeons, the Tasmanian tiger. And I want to say dodo?

Cheetahs are on there way out. And from what I hear they are not good candidates for cloning. Apparently since their population is so small they've been inbreeding. Any that would be cloned would be disformed and incapable of providing healthy offspring.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-12-2016, 01:11 PM
(09-12-2016 12:50 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I knows it's been said already. But even if we had a perfect sample of Dino blood, whatever we cloned would not be a Dino. It would be similar but not the same.

Why not? Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user