dinosaur tail found preserved in amber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: dinosaur tail found preserved in amber
(09-12-2016 01:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 12:50 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I knows it's been said already. But even if we had a perfect sample of Dino blood, whatever we cloned would not be a Dino. It would be similar but not the same.

Why not? Consider

I saw something about possible mammoth cloning, and they said they could take the mammoth DNA and implant it into an elephant egg, then fertilize it with elephant sperm and have an elephant birth it. It would only be half mammoth. If they could do it with a dino, probably be half dino half bird or half dino half crocodile.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 01:27 PM
(09-12-2016 01:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 01:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why not? Consider

I saw something about possible mammoth cloning, and they said they could take the mammoth DNA and implant it into an elephant egg, then fertilize it with elephant sperm and have an elephant birth it. It would only be half mammoth. If they could do it with a dino, probably be half dino half bird or half dino half crocodile.

That's interesting, but not what I read in the earlier post.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2016, 01:37 PM
[Image: lmeZ6SD.jpg?2]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 8 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
10-12-2016, 11:30 AM
These things were really some kind of bird. We need a new Jurassic movie that reflects this.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-12-2016, 11:55 AM
dinosaur tail found preserved in amber
Cretaceous Park

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-12-2016, 12:18 PM
(09-12-2016 01:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  [Image: lmeZ6SD.jpg?2]

Why would a pteradon want to turn people into dinosaurs?
10-12-2016, 01:23 PM
(09-12-2016 01:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 12:50 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I knows it's been said already. But even if we had a perfect sample of Dino blood, whatever we cloned would not be a Dino. It would be similar but not the same.

Why not? Consider

LDH was right. The DNA strand would never be a full Dino. It would always have elements of what the chicken or croc, what ever they used to fertilize the DNA. It may look the part but it will always carry the trades of the host.

https://youtu.be/xO043PSBnKU

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-12-2016, 01:47 PM
(10-12-2016 01:23 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 01:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why not? Consider

LDH was right. The DNA strand would never be a full Dino. It would always have elements of what the chicken or croc, what ever they used to fertilize the DNA. It may look the part but it will always carry the trades of the host.

Why would they have to fertilize the DNA?
10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
(10-12-2016 01:47 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 01:23 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  LDH was right. The DNA strand would never be a full Dino. It would always have elements of what the chicken or croc, what ever they used to fertilize the DNA. It may look the part but it will always carry the trades of the host.

Why would they have to fertilize the DNA?

DNA ain't all it takes. AFAICT and I'm no expert you need at least an egg in addition to the DNA. To get an approximation t an egg you can replace the DNA in the nucleus with the DNA from the animal you're trying to clone. But then you also need to grow the embryo, which means a surrogate mother to carry the foetus, which is why in the case of mammoths they reckon give it a try with an elephant.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
(10-12-2016 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 01:47 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why would they have to fertilize the DNA?

DNA ain't all it takes. AFAICT and I'm no expert you need at least an egg in addition to the DNA. To get an approximation t an egg you can replace the DNA in the nucleus with the DNA from the animal you're trying to clone. But then you also need to grow the embryo, which means a surrogate mother to carry the foetus, which is why in the case of mammoths they reckon give it a try with an elephant.
Sounds like a prime candidate for an artificial womb.