dinosours and humans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: dinosours and humans
Hello! Big Grin

(01-04-2015 12:15 PM)Thinker22 Wrote:  .. Wrote stuff...

So, quick summary of the site linked by Mom's.

Basically... iron is a part of blood. When the ancient critters died in such a way as to actually allow fossilization that iron was,

A) Released from the cells which contained it.

B) Couldn't actually escape the rotting, surrounding tissue and so the fine, tiny amounts of iron 'clumped' in such a way as to protect equally miniscule amounts of other proteins.

SO! While you could, kind of -If you squint- say that "Dinosaur skin has been preserved!" (Or what ever bits of said critter you want to bang on about) "So fossilization must be false!"

The actual truth is that teeny, tiny, microscopic sort of trace amounts of protein chains and such were left lying around inside the fossils.

Hope that helps. (The link is also quite easy to read. Smile )

(As in, I read it and understood the gist of it.) Blush

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I think "thinker22" is really someone else playing a bad April fool joke on us.

At least I hope that's the case.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-04-2015, 05:20 PM
(01-04-2015 09:30 AM)Thinker22 Wrote:  This site is called the thinking atheist. So use your brain

Exactly!

Thanks, Seth and TTA crew! Nice job! Thumbsup

I don't give a dam if someone uses the word "think" in their username either. It's not a swear word based around groping.

It doesn't cause the back of my shoulders to glide over the floor with my face crying in emotional terror to see that someone feels like they questioned and explored a subject over. I would have to be an easily-offended, word delusional, egotistically butt hurt little sissy to make a judgment like that.
01-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I think thinker is just fucking with ya'll.

The way it's worded doesn't have that Qbert or Cartilage feel to it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2015, 05:48 PM
(01-04-2015 12:15 PM)Thinker22 Wrote:  Thanks, All I've met on here so far are angry people who just believe without any facts. It's not that I don't believe in evolution but I have a question when it comes to dinosaur bones that have soft tissue in them. Nobody so far has been able to tell me how that soft tissue is able to last for millions of years.thanks for the info.

"Angry"? "Without any facts"?

How did you get that from my posts?

By the way, since you seem unable to follow links, here's the reply:

TalkOrigins.org Wrote:Response:

The reports of the soft tissue, though remarkable, have been sensationalized further. The tissues were not soft and pliable originally. The tissues were rehydrated in the process of removing the surrounding mineral components of the bone (Schweitzer et al. 2005). Moreover, it is unknown whether the soft tissues are original tissues. Fossil flexible tissues and nucleated cells have been found before in which the original material was not preserved (Stokstad 2005).

The age of fossils is not determined by how well they are preserved, because preservation depends far more on factors other than age. The age of this particular bone was determined from the age of the rocks it was found in, namely, the Hell Creek Formation. This formation has been reliably dated by several independent methods (Dalrymple 2000).

DNA has never been recovered from any dinosaurs nor from anything as old as them, and researchers do not expect to find DNA from these soft tissues (though they can still hope). DNA has been recovered, however, from samples much more than 10,000 years old (Poinar et al. 1998), even more than 300,000 years old (Stokstad 2003; Willerslev et al. 2003). If dinosaur fossils were as young as creationists claim, finding soft tissues in them would not be news, and recovering DNA from them should be easy enough that it would have been done by now.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC371_1.html

Finding that took me thirty-four seconds. Now, the next time you have a question, you are expected to perform some of the legwork yourself, instead of asking to be spoonfed and refusing to follow links to sources.

That isn't an angry statement, but simply pointing out to you that you are responsible for your own education. Getting angry at others for expecting you to be informed, and able to navigate the web, will teach you little.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Also, you forgot to answer this:

(01-04-2015 11:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You didn't say why you disregard radiometric dating.

Bring facts and numbers to the table.
30-04-2015, 04:12 PM
(01-04-2015 10:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 09:24 AM)Thinker22 Wrote:  What the Chinese called dragons were dinosaurs.

Wrong again. Chinese dragons were often depicted as non-reptilian forms. Dinosaurs were reptiles.

I see your trying to do the right thing but your facts aren't correct.

Ancient Chinese dragons usually have these qualifications. They long narrow bodies, claws that have 4 talons, and long whiskers on the muzzle. There are more dog like sculptors that may resemble dragons but their accule lion statues.

Dinosaurs weren't reptiles. They were Neornithes (birds). Resent studies have found feathers on many of their species including T-rexs. They also had hollow bones, it's believe this helped with their breathing because of such large sizes it allowed oxygen to get quicker to the blood. This would later be proven to be an advantage to their ancestor (modern birds) because with hollow bones you have lighter bodies and lighter bodies means less to carry when you fly.

My best guess would be ancient people found dinosaurs skulls and with out the abilitie to do understand what they where used they're imaginations to fill the gap.

We're made this dicover to a simaler beast the Cyclopes. Turned out it was mammoth skull.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Welcome....

...to Jurassic Art!

Dat da. Da dat da. Da da da dat da da!
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
30-04-2015, 07:10 PM
(31-03-2015 03:09 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  How do we explian the pics of dinosaurs? I had a feeling there weren't any dinosours then but I'm curious of why there are pics on the Mayan walls

These pictures are from an apologist's web sight. This is what they often use to try to prove that Dinosaurs and man Coexsited. However...

[Image: dino-art-wall-etchings-grand-canyon.jpg]

[Image: dino-art-wall-etchings-blanding-utah.jpg]

These are pictures of accule cave paintings.

[Image: storymaker-cave-paintings-artists-1111160-514x268.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Rhinocros_grotte_Chauvet.jpg]

[Image: lascaux.jpg]

[Image: 5b.jpg]

[Image: AltamiraBison.jpg]

Look at the difference. Misshapen faded image that could be anything. It's the same to finding sail boats in the clouds. Compared to details that are made to animals you can tell how important this was to them. Art not only being act of expression but to them was a form of communication. What animals they where going to hunt or to remember what they had hunted. Or as you can see in the hand picture an act of togetherness.

What good would one of those top images be? The rest of the group would have no idea what it was or what to look out for.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-04-2015, 08:08 PM
(30-04-2015 07:10 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 03:09 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  How do we explian the pics of dinosaurs? I had a feeling there weren't any dinosours then but I'm curious of why there are pics on the Mayan walls

These pictures are from an apologist's web sight. This is what they often use to try to prove that Dinosaurs and man Coexsited. However...

[Image: dino-art-wall-etchings-grand-canyon.jpg]

[Image: dino-art-wall-etchings-blanding-utah.jpg]

These are pictures of accule cave paintings.

[Image: storymaker-cave-paintings-artists-1111160-514x268.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Rhinocros_grotte_Chauvet.jpg]

[Image: lascaux.jpg]

[Image: 5b.jpg]

[Image: AltamiraBison.jpg]

Look at the difference. Misshapen faded image that could be anything. It's the same to finding sail boats in the clouds. Compared to details that are made to animals you can tell how important this was to them. Art not only being act of expression but to them was a form of communication. What animals they where going to hunt or to remember what they had hunted. Or as you can see in the hand picture an act of togetherness.

What good would one of those top images be? The rest of the group would have no idea what it was or what to look out for.

Yeah, I read an article on those. A lot of cave "dinosaur" paintings were actually just misshapen images of two different animals side by side--which bled/faded over time and created the appearance of dinosaurs. Additionally, ancient cultures created made-up animals. For example--they would take characteristics from several animals (a horn/ a tail/scales) and create a god(s) out of them. They also used these made-up animals as a mascot of sorts because they liked the characteristics of the animal and attributed the characteristics to themselves. This also gave the *appearance* of a dinosaur when seeing them in cave drawings or in other places.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post