disabled girl jailed for blasphemy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 02:24 PM
disabled girl jailed for blasphemy
So Rimsha burnt a few pages of the Quran. She is mentally challanged and only a child.
She is in a maximum security jail and waiting for the judge to decide over her live or death.
A petition has been set up to try and save her.
I thought I'd share that here. See if we can add a few voices as well.

Excl http://www.avaaz.org/en/pakistan_save_my_daughter/ Excl

Quote:Last week an enraged crowd threatened to burn my daughter alive, and in 48 hours a judge will decide whether she goes free or stays in jail. Rimsha is a minor with mental disabilities and often isn't in control of her actions. Yet local police here in Pakistan have charged her with desecrating the Koran, and we are afraid for her life.

Right now she is being held in a maximum-security jail, and in hours, she will face the court under Pakistan's anti-blasphemy laws, which carry the death sentence. We are a poor Christian family, witnessing mob fury over my daughter's case, and many other families have faced similar intimidation forcing them to either flee or live in fear. But the international attention on Rimsha’s case has emboldened Pakistani Muslim leaders to speak out against this injustice and forced President Zardari's attention.

Please help me keep up the global outcry on my daughter's case. I urge you to sign my petition to President Zardari to save Rimsha and demand protection for us and other vulnerable minority families. Avaaz will share this campaign with the local and international media, watched carefully by all the politicians here.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
30-08-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: disabled girl jailed for blasphemy
Signed.
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 02:31 PM
me too

30-08-2012, 03:34 PM
AW: disabled girl jailed for blasphemy
Can someone explain to me what petitions like this are supposed to do? As far as I know, they can be basically ignored by the ones who recieve it. Then again, my knowledge about the laws in that county is very limited.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
30-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I think it is mainly to show that the world is watching. And the fact the world is watching might be the only way out

30-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I've signed. I've not much hope of it making a difference though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Signed.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-08-2012, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 12:12 AM by Janus.)
(30-08-2012 02:24 PM)Leela Wrote:  So Rimsha burnt a few pages of the Quran. She is mentally challanged and only a child.
She is in a maximum security jail and waiting for the judge to decide over her live or death.
A petition has been set up to try and save her.
I thought I'd share that here. See if we can add a few voices as well.

Excl http://www.avaaz.org/en/pakistan_save_my_daughter/ Excl

Quote:Last week an enraged crowd threatened to burn my daughter alive, and in 48 hours a judge will decide whether she goes free or stays in jail. Rimsha is a minor with mental disabilities and often isn't in control of her actions. Yet local police here in Pakistan have charged her with desecrating the Koran, and we are afraid for her life.

Right now she is being held in a maximum-security jail, and in hours, she will face the court under Pakistan's anti-blasphemy laws, which carry the death sentence. We are a poor Christian family, witnessing mob fury over my daughter's case, and many other families have faced similar intimidation forcing them to either flee or live in fear. But the international attention on Rimsha’s case has emboldened Pakistani Muslim leaders to speak out against this injustice and forced President Zardari's attention.

Please help me keep up the global outcry on my daughter's case. I urge you to sign my petition to President Zardari to save Rimsha and demand protection for us and other vulnerable minority families. Avaaz will share this campaign with the local and international media, watched carefully by all the politicians here.

The girl obviously isn't the only retard out there.
But what do you expect from a culture where incest – IRL! – is widely tolerated and covered up.

That a(nother) hothead culture of hypocrites like that also has nuclear weapons complete with delivery systems is a very sobering threat always hovering in the background, though. The fallout, literally, could be a few magnitudes bigger than from hundreds of thousands of uncles, dads, brothers, and cousins raping their nieces, daughters, sisters, and cousins as a matter of course. However loathsome and tragic.
31-08-2012, 07:47 AM
The BBC interviewd the imam from her neighborhood who said people may leave her alone if she comes back but they may kill her. He said he couldn't control that. Really? You could give it a try at least you moronice piece of filth.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
31-08-2012, 01:51 PM
(30-08-2012 04:37 PM)Leela Wrote:  I think it is mainly to show that the world is watching. And the fact the world is watching might be the only way out
Well, a petition with hundreds of thousand signatures didn't help back when Troy Davis was about to be executed and that was in a first-world country.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]