discussion about planned parenthood on Facebook need help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: discussion about planned parenthood on Facebook need help please
(30-07-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:17 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
Well in that case, then gawd is the biggest murderer & abortionist going!

Hypocrisy!

Yes. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Women, through no fault of their own, have miscarriages without even knowing they were pregnant and have no knowledge that a fertilized egg was lost. Doctors say it happens more than we think. So if god has a plan, if god makes wonderful things happen like babies being born, it also seems part of his plan is to abort babies willy-nilly.

I can't believe I didn't think of this. I feel stupid. Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 10:58 PM
(30-07-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:17 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
Well in that case, then gawd is the biggest murderer & abortionist going!

Hypocrisy!

Yes. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Women, through no fault of their own, have miscarriages without even knowing they were pregnant and have no knowledge that a fertilized egg was lost. Doctors say it happens more than we think. So if god has a plan, if god makes wonderful things happen like babies being born, it also seems part of his plan is to abort babies willy-nilly.

After I was born, mother had 9 miscarriages by the 3rd month, & being a moron, she was supposed to have kids by the litter!!!
30-07-2015, 11:06 PM
(30-07-2015 10:58 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Women, through no fault of their own, have miscarriages without even knowing they were pregnant and have no knowledge that a fertilized egg was lost. Doctors say it happens more than we think. So if god has a plan, if god makes wonderful things happen like babies being born, it also seems part of his plan is to abort babies willy-nilly.

After I was born, mother had 9 miscarriages by the 3rd month, & being a moron, she was supposed to have kids by the litter!!!
That's so sad that woman think all they are is a baby making machine. Of course its all in how you were raised and taught from a baby.
I was lucky that my parents didn't have that mentality when it came to how many babies you had. Although they did try to conform me to what is gender rules. I broke...every...one...!!! I told my dad that whatever the boys could do I could do better and I did just to prove my point. It got to where no one would dare say a word to me about gender rules. Ha!
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
30-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Sounds like their moms would've been better off swallowing and save tax payers money.
30-07-2015, 11:25 PM
(30-07-2015 10:14 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Aren't you going on a ship? This is deep water you should be aboard a cruise ship sailing above, not struggling to swim in. Well, my thoughts anyway. If I was days away from a stupendous adventure I don't think I'd be able to keep my mind anywhere else for more than 30 seconds.

I'd say wait until you're back ashore and had your feet on the ground a solid week of fond remembrance of a blissful journey before plunging back into this kind of mud.

The flat declarative stance of Friend One is impervious to reason anyway. The only change of mind possible there is via surgical transplant.

Have a wonderful voyage!!

I told my husband about the transplant he thought that was funnier then hell. Lol
30-07-2015, 11:28 PM
(30-07-2015 10:58 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Women, through no fault of their own, have miscarriages without even knowing they were pregnant and have no knowledge that a fertilized egg was lost. Doctors say it happens more than we think. So if god has a plan, if god makes wonderful things happen like babies being born, it also seems part of his plan is to abort babies willy-nilly.

I can't believe I didn't think of this. I feel stupid. Lol

A year ago I happened to read an article about miscarriages and fertilized eggs that for some reason don't attach to the wall of the uterus. It's called a chemical pregnancy. The woman is unaware of the pregnancy and the miscarriage so she can't be blamed in any way. Just add god into the mix and, viola, you got yourself a god who's the largest abortionist in history.

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-c...scarriage/

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-07-2015, 11:30 PM
As a note, I'm responding to them, not you. Smile

(30-07-2015 09:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Murder is murder no matter how you slice it.
Everyone agrees murder is wrong. Why? What does it mean for an act to be "wrong"? It means the action is unjustified. What does "murder" mean? The unjustified killing of one human by another. So saying "murder is wrong" is saying "the unjustified killing of one human by another is unjustified". So is there something called a justified killing? We always say "yes", because we agree that war is required sometimes (god certainly ordered the deaths of many people from time to time) as well as self defense. So now we have to go with "abortion is murder". Which is an assertion that the action is unjustified. You're allowed to hold that opinion (or they are), to think that your god holds that opinion, but in the end it's still your opinion. There are biblical passages that would suggest god is in favor of abortion, such as Numbers 5:24, or Hosea 13:16. You interpret those passages one way, others another way.

Quote:A person is a person no matter how small.
Another tautology. The question is "when do sperm and egg become a person", and this is a matter of opinion. A large number, perhaps even as many as half, of all sperm-egg pairings end with the egg being ejected. Perhaps as many as 15% are miscarriages. So, again, we're back to opinion.

Quote:My Father has taught me right from wrong. So I vote according to my Fathers laws.
And that's how you end up with Sharia law in Muslim heavy countries.

Quote:Your choice is different than mine. I choose life.
You choose suffering and an adoption system at least as broken as Planned Parenthood, as well as the suffering caused by all those extra humans who have a much nastier start than needed in our society.

Quote:Imagine this........ I live a life according to Gods laws. I die. If I was wrong and there is no God, I lived a life of service. Morality. Ethics. Faith. Unconditional love. Selflessness. Kindness. Sacrifice. Honor.
I lost nothing. I regret nothing. I'm dead. No afterlife. Just death. So who cares?!?!?!!!
Those who think your morality, ethics, and service are harmful rather than helpful.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
30-07-2015, 11:36 PM
(30-07-2015 11:30 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  As a note, I'm responding to them, not you. Smile

(30-07-2015 09:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Murder is murder no matter how you slice it.
Everyone agrees murder is wrong. Why? What does it mean for an act to be "wrong"? It means the action is unjustified. What does "murder" mean? The unjustified killing of one human by another. So saying "murder is wrong" is saying "the unjustified killing of one human by another is unjustified". So is there something called a justified killing? We always say "yes", because we agree that war is required sometimes (god certainly ordered the deaths of many people from time to time) as well as self defense. So now we have to go with "abortion is murder". Which is an assertion that the action is unjustified. You're allowed to hold that opinion (or they are), to think that your god holds that opinion, but in the end it's still your opinion. There are biblical passages that would suggest god is in favor of abortion, such as Numbers 5:24, or Hosea 13:16. You interpret those passages one way, others another way.

Another tautology. The question is "when do sperm and egg become a person", and this is a matter of opinion. A large number, perhaps even as many as half, of all sperm-egg pairings end with the egg being ejected. Perhaps as many as 15% are miscarriages. So, again, we're back to opinion.

Quote:My Father has taught me right from wrong. So I vote according to my Fathers laws.

You choose suffering and an adoption system at least as broken as Planned Parenthood, as well as the suffering caused by all those extra humans who have a much nastier start than needed in our society.

Quote:Imagine this........ I live a life according to Gods laws. I die. If I was wrong and there is no God, I lived a life of service. Morality. Ethics. Faith. Unconditional love. Selflessness. Kindness. Sacrifice. Honor.
I lost nothing. I regret nothing. I'm dead. No afterlife. Just death. So who cares?!?!?!!!
Those who think your morality, ethics, and service are harmful rather than helpful.

I know. I didn't go there because that was not what the debate was about. She tried though. But before I could address everything she deleted it. Wonder why? Lol
31-07-2015, 02:22 AM
(30-07-2015 11:30 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  As a note, I'm responding to them, not you. Smile

One thing that has always thrown me off. Aren't all laws opinions?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
31-07-2015, 05:54 AM
(30-07-2015 10:03 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  She deleted the whole thing lmao

Your OP was a bit TL;DR, so I don't know if you covered this or not.

Don't focus on abortion. Focus on the free birth control the person was harping on. Point out that less unwanted pregnancies = less abortions.

If the person counters that more birth control leads to promiscuity, as if the person is more concerned with promiscuity than murder (because they consider abortion murder).

Part of the problem with the whole pro life/choice debate is the pro life side tries to spread this thin veneer of civility and reasonableness over a whole lot of fear of women making their own choices about sex. Yes, actions have consequences, but their stances always involve making those consequences worse rather than fixing any root of the problem.

Or you can just not talk to the person about it, because militant pro lifers tend to be really creepy. I've talked to a few rape apologists who firmly stand by TVUs just to get a few women to change their mind about abortion by violating them. Ugh. I was glad when that fuck stick rage quit the forum over the matter.