discussion about planned parenthood on Facebook need help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 05:56 AM
RE: discussion about planned parenthood on Facebook need help please
(31-07-2015 02:22 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 11:30 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  As a note, I'm responding to them, not you. Smile

Everyone agrees murder is wrong. Why? What does it mean for an act to be "wrong"? It means the action is unjustified. What does "murder" mean? The unjustified killing of one human by another. So saying "murder is wrong" is saying "the unjustified killing of one human by another is unjustified". So is there something called a justified killing? We always say "yes", because we agree that war is required sometimes (god certainly ordered the deaths of many people from time to time) as well as self defense. So now we have to go with "abortion is murder". Which is an assertion that the action is unjustified. You're allowed to hold that opinion (or they are), to think that your god holds that opinion, but in the end it's still your opinion. There are biblical passages that would suggest god is in favor of abortion, such as Numbers 5:24, or Hosea 13:16. You interpret those passages one way, others another way.

Another tautology. The question is "when do sperm and egg become a person", and this is a matter of opinion. A large number, perhaps even as many as half, of all sperm-egg pairings end with the egg being ejected. Perhaps as many as 15% are miscarriages. So, again, we're back to opinion.

And that's how you end up with Sharia law in Muslim heavy countries.

You choose suffering and an adoption system at least as broken as Planned Parenthood, as well as the suffering caused by all those extra humans who have a much nastier start than needed in our society.

Those who think your morality, ethics, and service are harmful rather than helpful.

One thing that has always thrown me off. Aren't all laws opinions?

And you claim to have gone to college ? Gasp

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2015, 09:05 AM
(30-07-2015 09:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Adoption is the answer.

So...how many kids has this person adopted? They seem fairly adamant about this cause, so I'm guessing it's a lot, right? Unsure

What's that? They haven't adopted any kids? This is another version of "I want to force a bunch of babies to be brought into the world but I don't want to have to do anything to help them"? Ahhhh, well then fuck 'em! Sleepy

Quote:A person is a person no matter how small.

Okay, I know it's entirely possible she just came up with that on the spot or something, but if she's trying to quote the Dr. Seuss book with the elephant, it wasn't meant to be taken that way and his widow actually doesn't like it when people hijack his stuff to promote political agendas.

Fun fact. Hobo

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
31-07-2015, 03:29 PM
It doesnt mattee now as she deleted it. But what i found to be funny was she tild me to srop responding to anything she posts. Umm that will not happen. Lol

As i told her if she is going to post stuff like that on Facebook she needs to be prepared for a debate. And i will continue to do so so that maybe someone will read it and think a little and have a more open mind.

I wonder how long it will take before she posts some other drival. Lol
31-07-2015, 03:47 PM
This is how I see this conflict.
Let's say there are three people A, B, and C
A to B and C: look at this puddle. what do you see?
B: Umm, I see dirty water.
C: Oh, I see a reflection of a beautiful sky with clouds.

A to B and C: look at this unborn 17 or 18 week old fetus. what do you see?
B: Hmm, I see piece of meat with liver, lungs and other organs
C: I see precious human baby. I see new life.

Conflict: will B and C ever understand each other? will they ever see the same thing?
This is the question.

P.S. That is why no tax payer money to Planned Parenthood. They can find other ways.
Saying this I still believe that in case of rape or incest woman doesn't have to be victimized even more by having that baby. It would be cruel to her and to the baby. She has a right to kill that unborn innocent baby.
If unborn child is a danger to women's health or life she has a right to save her own health or life.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
31-07-2015, 03:52 PM
What's facebook? Consider

Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
31-07-2015, 06:19 PM
(31-07-2015 03:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is how I see this conflict.

Conflict: will B and C ever understand each other? will they ever see the same thing?
This is the question.

P.S. That is why no tax payer money to Planned Parenthood. They can find other ways.
Saying this I still believe that in case of rape or incest woman doesn't have to be victimized even more by having that baby. It would be cruel to her and to the baby. She has a right to kill that unborn innocent baby.
If unborn child is a danger to women's health or life she has a right to save her own health or life.

That last part I agree with. But these people were abortion is wrong no matter what. However I wasn't debating abortion as much as I was the need for a place like planned parenthood for people that without it would have no place to go. And nothing is without flaws so I said the flaws should be addressed and fixed as much as can be. But they weren't having any of that.
31-07-2015, 09:33 PM
You can't reason with unreasonable people.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
31-07-2015, 09:45 PM

This is the question.

Quote:That is why no tax payer money to Planned Parenthood. They can find other ways.

Planned parenthood saves lives, my dear. They do breast exams on women who cannot afford such services. Pap tests and pelvic exams on for women whose income is lacking and they provide birth control to women who have no where else to go. At one time I was one of those women. You live in some dreamy, religious induced delusion and have zero contact with reality.

Were it not for Planned Parenthood giving me free medication for a pelvic infection I probably wouldn't have been able to have children later. I also would have had no where else to turn for a breast lump that fortunately turned out to be a cist.

Fuck you, you small minded ignorant twit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-08-2015, 01:13 PM
(31-07-2015 06:19 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

This is the question.

That last part I agree with. But these people were abortion is wrong no matter what. However I wasn't debating abortion as much as I was the need for a place like planned parenthood for people that without it would have no place to go. And nothing is without flaws so I said the flaws should be addressed and fixed as much as can be. But they weren't having any of that.
I believe that we need a place like Planned Parenthood. I do not agree with those who do not want to give a woman choice. I only wish that a woman first saw a precious baby in the fetus and then made her choice by following her own conscience.
And only because many, many people are against abortion they don't have to be forced to pay taxes for Planned Parenthood. It is only fair.

01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
(31-07-2015 09:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Fuck you, you small minded ignorant twit.
I hope saying this makes you feel better. And I guess by saying this you help me to have a desire to listen to what you say.
have a nice day Smile