do dishwashers have a reset button?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 07:06 PM
do dishwashers have a reset button?
ours is trying to wash, but no water ...wtf? this is the first time its happened.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: do dishwashers have a reset button?
(20-01-2015 07:06 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  ours is trying to wash, but no water ...wtf? this is the first time its happened.

Did you unplug it and reboot? Everything's a computer these days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Yes, its next to the light fluid intake. Seriously though, is the water valve on?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
20-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Possibly the solenoid that opens/closes the water intake has failed or its fuse blown.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2015, 07:26 PM
apparently I had to keep the switch off for a full minute. Dodgy

5 seconds apparently isnt enough time, and the button on the front labeled 'reset' is worthless.

fucking kitchens....I hate them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
20-01-2015, 07:27 PM
(20-01-2015 07:26 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  apparently I had to keep the switch off for a full minute. Dodgy

5 seconds apparently isnt enough time, and the button on the front labeled 'reset' is worthless.

fucking kitchens....I hate them.

I told ya that you needed to reboot. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-01-2015, 07:31 AM
(20-01-2015 07:26 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  apparently I had to keep the switch off for a full minute. Dodgy

I had a dishwasher that must have been like that. I wanted to reset it, but there was no button, so I went and killed the power at the breaker. When I turned it back on, the dishwasher continued on its cycle. It is likely that I needed to keep the power off longer.
21-01-2015, 07:35 AM
I had mine fail once - unplugged it for a minute+ and voila!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-01-2015, 10:56 AM
We have an oven like that. Every now and then it gives an error on the display panel and starts beeping for no good reason. So we unplug it, wait a minute, plug it back in and continue cooking. It will last for months before we see the error again.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.