do you find you 'like' certain members posts frequently?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 08:06 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
do you find you 'like' certain members posts frequently?
When I read the posts, there are some members that I read what they wrote and sometimes I agree, or I understand what they are saying but it really wasn't what I was thinking….

and then there are times it seems like that a poster has read your mind, even phrase things the way you were thinking of responding, you pick up on the same nuances to a thread, etc.

do you have anyone that you find it frequently happens? I find myself always 'liking' moron dog's posts. I will read a thread, start forming a response in my head, start scrolling thru the other responses and boom! moron dog just posted what I was going to say, many times using the same phrase or relating it in the same way, over and over again. So I like the post. but now….its starting to feel creepy….I'm starting to feel stalkerish and I'm not even stalking!! Tongue

so….is there anyone that posts that "takes the words right out of your mouth" on a frequent basis?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
26-02-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: do you find you 'like' certain members posts frequently?
Dude, Dom always says what I'm thinking but kinder and better.

She's fantastic!
[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
26-02-2014, 07:27 AM
There are many in here that express themselves much more eloquently than I could ever hope to, and then theres the folks with a great sense of humor.

I have much respect and even some admiration for quite a few people in here, and then there are some that just drive me nuts.

Seems that I see more eye to eye with the older crowd, which would stand to reason since I am older. The teens, eh, well, not so much.

So, yeah, there are some that take the words out of my mouth, but with much more clarity and precision, good thing too..as it keeps me from making a fool out of myself.Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
26-02-2014, 08:04 AM
(26-02-2014 07:27 AM)War Horse Wrote:  There are many in here that express themselves much more eloquently than I could ever hope to, and then theres the folks with a great sense of humor.

I have much respect and even some admiration for quite a few people in here, and then there are some that just drive me nuts.

Seems that I see more eye to eye with the older crowd, which would stand to reason since I am older. The teens, eh, well, not so much.

So, yeah, there are some that take the words out of my mouth, but with much more clarity and precision, good thing too..as it keeps me from making a fool out of myself.Smartass

I'm with you on that mate. I like your posts, you're one of my favourites cos we're both old rockers. Also in my favourite posters are DLJ (throws the curve ball a lot), Chas (very direct), TGAC (driest sense of humour on here) but controversially, my favourite poster of all....

Is Chippy! Big Grin (he has helped me out in PMs with reading materials and I think he's very sincere)

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
26-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Ferdi, muffs, hughsie, and chippy

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
26-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I find that I 'Like' posts that display knowledge, wisdom, clever word-play or humor.

It's not so much that someone takes the words out of my mouth as it is "I wish I'd said that!"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2014, 10:24 AM
(26-02-2014 10:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  I find that I 'Like' posts that display knowledge, wisdom, clever word-play or humor.

It's not so much that someone takes the words out of my mouth as it is "I wish I'd said that!"

I wish I'd said that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 11 users Like cjlr's post
26-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I am someone who frequently forgets to like posts that I enjoy reading.

And when I remember that I forgot to like things, I suddently like loads within a short period of time.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
26-02-2014, 10:55 AM
I think I have said this before but as I like my own posts (although I can't like my own posts) , it's worth repeating...

I like when what I read makes me smile.
(I'm easily pleased).

Possible reasons for this facial reaction:
A genuine apology
A triggered memory that I recall with affection
A terse and bitchy retort
A well thought through argument (whether I agree or not)
I have learned something new
Plain and simple honesty

And sometimes I just like as an encouragement for n00bs (if/when I notice).

But yes, Bs&As, orally extracted verbiage often gets a like (and a silent "grrrrr!"). I think Revs, Evo and m-dog are the chief offenders.

And I'm with you War Horse regarding the teens. I don't know why they just can't stay in their play-pen like they're s'posed to. Angel

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
26-02-2014, 12:20 PM
(26-02-2014 10:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  And I'm with you War Horse regarding the teens. I don't know why they just can't stay in their play-pen like they're s'posed to. Angel

I liked that, so I gave you a like..... um, like ya know? Laugh out load

So whats "Bs&As" ? Breasts and Ass Huh

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post